Have you ever heard of this? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2009, 09:24 PM   #21
The Fly

Local Time: 02:19 AM
Umm, when am I ever going to meet the band? I couldn't even get freakin' tickets to Letterman. I'm thinking it's unlikely I'll ever run into Bono on the street and ask for a picture. It would be sweet, but seeing as how I'm thinking it won't happen, I thought just sending a letter to their publicity office would suffice.

astepcloser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:00 PM   #22
The Fly

Local Time: 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astepcloser24 View Post
Umm, when am I ever going to meet the band? I couldn't even get freakin' tickets to Letterman. I'm thinking it's unlikely I'll ever run into Bono on the street and ask for a picture. It would be sweet, but seeing as how I'm thinking it won't happen, I thought just sending a letter to their publicity office would suffice.

You can meet them!! You may think of yourself as a little crazy afterwards, but it is possible. I met them twice, once after a Popmart show in NY, someone said there was a private party after the show, under a tent behind the stadium, and a few of us just waited until they came out...ALL of them stopped EXCEPT Bono, got out of their cars and signed autographs, took pictures, and made chit chat (don't know why but I only wanted and got Larry's autograph)...and the other time, just walking down a random street in NY, and saw a small gathering outside the Four Seasons Hotel..I went to see what the fuss was about, and U2 was coming out of the hotel to go to soundcheck. Only Bono stopped and signed autographs, the rest just got in their cars and left.

So, don't give up..

blue screen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:01 PM   #23
Refugee

Local Time: 03:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPryck2U View Post
Honestly, why would an adult want an autograph in the first place? What's an adult gonna do with another adult's signature? I could understand getting a photo of a star or with a star, but an autograph? I was an intern at a radio station once and I ran in to some semi famous people. If you asked for a someone's autograph, you looked like a tool. But, people had no problem taking a photo with you.
That's hilarious. However, an autographed copy of something is pretty cool.
Muldfeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:51 AM   #24
The Fly

I never know the 'inside scoop' on this stuff. I never know when they arrive, where they'll be leaving, etc. I came early to Philadelphia's Wachovia Center during the last tour. I saw the buses and I only got glimpses of their opening act - not them.
astepcloser24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:17 AM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quit your whining...just get to the stadium (or arena) during the day. There's always an entrance that they have to go through, and if you're lucky, Bono (and sometimes the others) might come out and sign autographs.

I still don't see what the point is....I'd like to meet the guys to whine about setlist choices or hear some new music or whatever, but owning somebody's name in ink just seems weird. But that's me and I'm very odd.
BigMacPhisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:27 AM   #26
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by astepcloser24 View Post
I never know the 'inside scoop' on this stuff. I never know when they arrive, where they'll be leaving, etc. I came early to Philadelphia's Wachovia Center during the last tour. I saw the buses and I only got glimpses of their opening act - not them.
Then pay some more attention to your surroundings. You're on the BIGGEST U2 forum there is, and we ALWAYS know stuff like this days if not weeks in advance.
And they come out during the day to greet waiting fans during the tour many times. So stop whining, you have PLENTY of opportunities to meet them.

Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote