Have U2 swap a song with another Artist to cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oregoropa

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Some other artists have songs that sound U2-esque which I'd loved to hear covered by our boys. And vice versa, pick a song for them to cover that would be in their wheelhouse.

U2 - Orange Crush

REM - Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car

I used to like to think about it sometimes, it's pretty fun to do so I'll try to cover few artists.

U2 - Inside Out (always sounded to me like a little mix of Boomerang II and Levitate) and Blue Moon (especially the ending solo, not hard to imagine Edge nailing it)
Beck - Get on your boots (didn't Brian Eno said in some interview that he doesn't like boots because it sounds to him like it could just be Beck's b-side?) and EBTTRT (in the similar style he did INXS's Kick title track with his Record Club)

U2 - Days Are Forgotten (would love to hear Bono belting out the chorus)
Kasabian - Discotheque (eez-eh style)

U2 - Star (Zooropa or Passengers era U2)
Primal Scream - Mofo (turn up the psychodelia even more)

I'm struggling to come up with a tune from Sarah McLachlan's discography (maybe World on Fire?), but I always kinda wanted to hear her cover Stay :0

Sent from my SCH-I435 using U2 Interference mobile app

U2 - Suspicious Minds

Elvis Presley - Even Better than the Real Thing

My buddy and I always wondered if Elvis had lived into the 21st Century if he would have done a Johnny Cash 'American Recordings'. We came up with a great tracklist for him. I remember a few of the highlights including EBTTRT.

Journey - Wheel in the Sky
Led Zeppelin - Trampled Underfoot
STP - Plush
Simple Minds - Don't You

I used to like to think about it sometimes, it's pretty fun to do so I'll try to cover few artists.

U2 - Inside Out (always sounded to me like a little mix of Boomerang II and Levitate) and Blue Moon (especially the ending solo, not hard to imagine Edge nailing it)
Beck - Get on your boots (didn't Brian Eno said in some interview that he doesn't like boots because it sounds to him like it could just be Beck's b-side?) and EBTTRT (in the similar style he did INXS's Kick title track with his Record Club)

U2 - Days Are Forgotten (would love to hear Bono belting out the chorus)
Kasabian - Discotheque (eez-eh style)

U2 - Star (Zooropa or Passengers era U2)
Primal Scream - Mofo (turn up the psychodelia even more)

Wow, you really nailed it. Bono would kill that Kasabian chorus.

I'm struggling to come up with a tune from Sarah McLachlan's discography (maybe World on Fire?), but I always kinda wanted to hear her cover Stay :0

That would be a great switch too. Beautiful song by her.

U2 - All These Things That I've Done

The Killers - Stay

Bono once joined The Killers on stage for "All These Things That I've Done" a few years back and his voice fit the song really well. Brandon Flowers even said the song was inspired by U2, specifically "All That You Can't Leave Behind". I'd love to hear U2 cover it sometime.

And in return, I think Stay would be a song that's very suitable for Flowers' voice and The Killers style of music.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

U2 - Suspicious Minds

Elvis Presley - Even Better than the Real Thing

My buddy and I always wondered if Elvis had lived into the 21st Century if he would have done a Johnny Cash 'American Recordings'. We came up with a great tracklist for him. I remember a few of the highlights including EBTTRT.

YES!!! Can somebody build a time machine and take this song and some recording equipment to Elvis so this can happen? Please?! :hyper:

Personally, I think U2 should cover If I Can Dream. I really don't understand why they haven't yet. That song summed up Elvis' philosophy of life, and in a lot of ways, it describes U2 very well, too.
Elvis should cover ISHFWILF or With Or Without You while we're at it. ;)

I would also like to see how The Edge handles some Blues Saraceno riffs.
U2 should cover the Garage Blues version of Evil Ways and Blues Saraceno should cover The Fly.

U2 should cover Idina Menzel's Where Do I Begin. Idina should cover Song For Someone.

There's also a slightly twisted part of me that wants to hear U2 cover Hank Williams Jr's Simple Man. Okay, technically, Lynyrd Skynyrd sang it first, but...still. Just picture *that* collision of worlds!
There is no U2 song ever written that Hank Jr would sing. :lol:

MacPhisto should cover Bing Crosby's It's Been A Long, Long Time. :heart:

Last edited:
Metallica- One

U2- One

U2: Rock N' Roll Suicide

David Bowie: Mysterious Ways

"Rock N' Roll Suicide" would've been perfect for ZooTV. Have it follow "Love is Blindness" and close the show.
Personally, I'd love to see Bowie cover anything from Achtung Baby, as I think he would sound great on most of the songs.

Back
Top Bottom