Has U2’s Music Impacted Your Consciousness and/or Activism?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
P.S. I didn't know Ireland increased their taxes to such a high percentage. Now, that I do. I don't blame U2 for moving only a part of their business to the Netherlands. They did what was in the best interest for their company and employees, instead of laying them off and the people losing their jobs.

WOW, I continue to be really impressed by the thoughtful responses people have posted here...would anyone be willing to talk to me on a 1:1 level about the relationship you feel exists between your progressive consciousness/activism/U2's music?

If you look back to the very first post in this thread, you'll see a brief summary of who I am (CIIS Ph.D Candidate working on my dissertation) and what I am trying to do.

Please e-mail me (Rae1307@optonline.net) if you'd like to participate in my project to share some more of your ideas on how U2's music is connected to your progressive consciousness and/or activism. I am setting up my interviews for the months of January and February 2009, and interviews can take place in person or by phone depending on where you are in the world.

If you are even a little bit interested in being interviewed, send me a quick e-mail, and I can give you more info. about my project and what participation would entail. I don't want to overwhelm casual readers of this thread with lots of details about my dissertation research.

Thanks, and Happy Holidays!

~Rachel E. Seiler:heart:

u2's music gives me so much hope and energy. It depends what song I play, it will give me the stuff I'm looking for at that moment.. Only The Cure gives me the same adrenaline, positive or negative one, both sides are great.

Good luck for you thesis Rachel!

Back
Top Bottom