Has this concept for a video been done?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

StormierZiggy

The Fly
Right, as your no doubt unaware, I make youtube videos, from regularish blogs to downright Zooropa style madness in the "They Grow Cows in Vegas" series. I'm no superstar, so unless your Scottish or live on my street, you wont know me :sad:

Anyway, I was lying in bed trying to get some shut eye an hour ago, when a concept came to me. Have a regular conversation between two guys, but shove in every single U2 song from all 13 albums(yes 13, passengers and NLOTH) and some B-sides and standalones into the dialogue.

I'm not talking- Hello John. Hi Jim. Whats the day Jim? John, its SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY! *canned laughter*

I'm talking witty uses of the titles, subtle sometimes even. Its obviously hard to make If God Will Send His Angels and Crumbs From Your Table etc fit nicely into sentences without being obvious, but I can try.

Throw in some references to stuff U2 have done and a few subtle nods to the fans, and I think I may have a good idea on my hands. I'm just wondering though, has it been done before? And if so, done well?

sounds like a good idea to me....my friends and I have this recent thing going on where we try to use multiple u2 titles, like 7, for example, in one sentence, making every single word a part of a u2 title...it's actually pretty difficult...

I think this idea has been done before but not in a very serious manner...so if you could really make it legit and artistically believable, it sounds like a great idea to me :)

sounds like a good idea to me....my friends and I have this recent thing going on where we try to use multiple u2 titles, like 7, for example, in one sentence, making every single word a part of a u2 title...it's actually very difficult...

I think this idea has been done before but not in a very serious manner...so if you could really make it legit and artistically believable, it sounds like a great idea to me :)

Thanks man, I didn't know if this could be done, especially as my main audience is Scottish. To them, they're just going to see a random scene of me talking to someone. They'll be like- wheres the jokes? The zany shit? The dogs bollocks? But meh, its worth a risk.

I appreciate your feedback, I guess I could post the link here when its done, but I'm worried I'll end up hyping it and I end up with-

Ive GONE to MIAMI ONE time too many, this sucks-or something XD

I reckon i'll make a (lame) attempt at this. I'll use the names Jim and Roy because they're cool names. :D

Jim: So Roy, what've you been up to?
Roy: Well, at the moment i'm staring at the sun, just hoping that sometime god will send his angels.
Jim: Alright, I was walking at a place where the streets have no name, then a fly was annoying me, I shouted "I hate the (bloody) fly" and then thought it must be sunday bloody sunday.
Roy: Interesting day you had eh? Mine was nothing short of uneventful, but strangely exciting, just like i've just taken a miracle drug.
Jim: Hehe, had one of those ey? Gee, it feels like an Indian summer sky, and I feel like i'm suffering a case of vertigo when I was picking up the crumbs from your table, its so horrible you know?
Roy: I've had that feeling before when I drove through the city of blinding lights, laugh out loud, and when I saw the angel of harlem my heart was full of desire, y'know?

To be continued... :wink:

AW NAW! Haha thats so bad its good XD

Mine is slllliggghtly more subtle, and Im having trouble fitting Vertigo into a guy talking about his mum's 40th birthday his wife being an acrobat in bed. Christ this is harder than I thought, and Ive forgotten nearly all the NLOTH track names, so just threw in all I could remember.

Im gonna record it as audio only though, a one camera man crew would take ages to cut and re-assemble a scene.

this i would like to see/hear. it would be quite fun and entertaining.
wrote this a long time ago:

maybe he can take the street with no name to the end of the world, where he will find the city of blinding lights. he should undertake this journey on new years day with pride. he will need to look out for the electrical storm as it may blow his house down. he will find himself deep in the heart of god's country, dancing barefoot, shouting "hallelujah here she come's".

:drool:

i'll continue.

Jim: No I don't know, i'm gonna train to become an acrobat, and, and i'll be walking along the wire, and my instructor keeps on yelling at me with a shout, and i'm like "Please!" just shut up!
Roy: You sicken me, you're such a mofo and you never say grace when it's a beautiful day, that's what I say when I look at the world.
Jim: You've picked the wrong guy to mess with! you sure you haven't been taking that lovey dovey stuff? Again, you're pathetic, i'll just be staring at the sun while you become numb and pray that daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car.
Roy: What, my Trabant? i'll get you on new years day, then i'll make a scene and exit from your house to light my way and get to the zoo station and take a one way trip to Zooropa, never to see your face again. :angry:
Jim: You bastard!!!

<ugly brawl begins, they only stop when they notice Macphisto giving out a speech about the Wanderer, and his whereabouts> :wink:

Yeah we did this. Album stories. How could you possibly make this serious.......... R...ob......?? :lol:

Well its not SERIOUS as in all po-faced, its still really rough edged, but I thought attempting to try and actually fit as much as I could into a story that wasnt as bad as Phantom Menace would be a start XD

This topic is fun and oozes awesomeness! I like making stupid conversations with U2 stuff in them. :D

Yeah we did this. Album stories. How could you possibly make this serious.......... R...ob......?? :lol:

hahhaaha, it's not like I walk up to my friend and say, "damn dude, when i look at the world, i see the sweetest thing, Gloria, and she's an original of the species, but I still haven't found what I'm looking for!"

we just do it for fun! when you say it with a straight face though it can make for a good laugh after you finish the sentence :)

aaah, that dischoteque last night was awesome...But mercy, I'll have to admit, I'm pretty hung over. This headache is so cruel! I'm feeling vertigo...not good.

But that night,I felt so loved...do you feel loved, jim?

Please, gimme a break, I was to busy hijacking zoo station whilst bulleting the blue sky.

You are out of control Jim. You need some help. a miracle drug, maybe? You are stuck in a moment you can't get out of! Those days of desire and pride are gone. you ain't twenty. Sometimes, well....you can't make it on your own.

Don't patronise me Nathan! I still haven't found what I'm looking for and I won't stop until I get it, I refuse to walk on. I will follow...my own path!

But your paths have no name. Your streets have no name! It's a beautiful day and you are cooped up in your window in the skies, waiting for the saints to come. What next, you believe in father Christmas?

god, you are always like this on Sundays. Bloody sundays, eh? You are a mysterious man that moves in mysterious ways! You're one step closer to insanity.

Shall we go to the shops, Nathan?

sure.

Get your boots on, then.

ooh, they are pretty magnificent boots! But wrap up, it's winter. It's past October and the weather is hostile.

Okay, you buckled in?

Sure, Nathan. We best have a quick pray to the angel of harlem, in a hope that we have a safe journey.

Oh, crap, Nathan, the fly is in my vision!

shit! God, PLEASE send your angels.

*swerves and crashes*

oh my yahwey! Look what you have done! This is al because of you!

Don't worry, daddys gonna pay for your crashed car.

He better! god (part 2!) look what you've done!

Back
Top Bottom