Has there ever been a full version of Wake Up Dead Man?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Globo14

Refugee
Sorry for a seemingly primitive question.

Damn, this is a great song. All the live versions I've come across are only like a 2 minute version. Have they ever even played a full version live?

If not, they should. But we know what the band thinks of Pop...

Didn't they attempt in 1997? I remember 1 show where it was performed...

Weren't the ones on the Popmart Tour full versions? :scratch:

Not really, they were not full band if that is what you mean. It was just Bono at the end with his guitar. Typically was just the first verse and chorus. I think he did the same thing a few times on the Elevation tour as well. But it has never been played full band live at a show.

Its such a great song. Very bittersweet to end Pop and the Popmart with it.

On another note, I've seen it on the karaoke listing a few times and been wanting to shock the audience with it. Need to get pretty drunk I think :hmm:

i am hoping that someday they release the zooropa version of the song, which from what I read is full band and a bit of a rocker.

Swan269 said:
i am hoping that someday they release the zooropa version of the song, which from what I read is full band and a bit of a rocker.

There's a version called Wake Up on the Salome outtakes that is quite different- much faster.

It really grew on me big time a year or two ago. Very dreary and such, but maybe that's what I like about it, lol.

Back
Top Bottom