Has Electrical Storm Ever Been Played Live?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That line doesn't bother me cos I always hear it as (and sing it as) "heavy as a drug".

It would be better if it were, "Heavy as our luck,"...but then he couldn't use "luck" again, so he'd be faced with the same problem, and maybe he'd do something like, "We need the rain to wash away our big truck," and that's even worse, and this sentence is way too long.

I'm torn about this song, I think "if the sky can crack there must be some way back" is one of his nicest lines in a while (although it's not really Bono's originally, bonus points if you can name where it's from :wink:)

I've heard a few tributes do it and to be honest it's never felt very inspiring, however I would like to see U2 try it sometime. Then I think about other songs I'd love to hear live that would be omitted at the expense of this one, and I'm torn again.

I definitely think truck should have been drug, tho.

It would be better if it were, "Heavy as our luck,"...but then he couldn't use "luck" again, so he'd be faced with the same problem, and maybe he'd do something like, "We need the rain to wash away our big truck," and that's even worse, and this sentence is way too long.

:lmao: wash away the big truck... awesome!

now THAT would be one hell of a metaphor!

:lmao: wash away the big truck... awesome!

Naw, it was prophecy.

news-truck.jpg

(this just happened here yesterday. I'm starting to lose faith tho, cause no rain to speak of yet....)

Yeah, saw them play it in August. They actually used it to open their set, which was a bit odd, and perhaps even more strange was that Fake Bono added a snippet of Don't Cry For Me Argentina, but they still played the song really well. If four Aussie blokes in a pub can do it and sound good, it should be piss-easy for U2 to pull it out.

Also, you bastard, you went and saw them and didn't tell me!

Well, there's another word that rhymes with "truck" and "luck".

:wink:

Personally I'd rather hear a full band Ground Beneath Her Feet.

Definitely. That ending needs to be heard live. It would be magnificent.

They did a half-assed acoustic version on the Elevation tour. Vertigo was great during its first 2 legs when they didn't do any acoustic songs.

Too bad U2 damaged that as well when they replaced two of the best (and by far the most rocking along with The Electric Co.) songs of the tour - Zoo Station and The Fly with acoustic songs.

Anyways, I wouldn't bother with Electrical Storm. Bring back some old songs instead (Exit, Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, The Unforgettable Fire, Ultra Violet, Love is Blindness...)

I won't mind admitting that 'fuck' is the word that I immediately wished he had used. And it works so well, if you think of it.

Still can't believe noone's taking a stab at the 'sky can crack' - cmon you geniuses, where's it from? ;)

:lol: I don't know, I just googled for a white duck and this came up!

Ducks are cool, but not as cool as Llamas! pity Llama's don't rhyme with luck!

Even if the rest of the setlist was just One, Pride, ISHFWILF, and Vertigo x2?

:drool: :wink:

Honestly, I don't think its a big deal Electrical Storm wasn't done. I think it would be similiar to the way Crumbs translated live. Interesting and OK, but nothing spectacular. Definately one of the bands weaker singles to me. :shrug:

I don't know.

But even though I think the song is only so-so, I quite like the video. And it has nothing to do with Larry (I'm a straight male).

It's just that there's a whole lot of symbolism in that video that I find very cool.

:lol:

Anton (Corbijn, director) Explained that the Deer is a symbol of innocence, and it runs away portraying how innocence is lost.

Ok, but in the video is that a deer, a reindeer or a stag? Looks like a stag to me. I wonder where "deer is a symbol of innocence" comes from? Maybe some sort of mythology or something that I'm not familiar with. My uncle who is/was Pagan says in those circles the stag/deer is very symbolic.

Back
Top Bottom