Has anyone here taken LSD at a U2 show

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your kidding yourself if you dont think that U2 has been "influenced" by LSD and such other narcotics.

If you're talking about their music... no, I dont think their music has been influenced by acid at all. If you're talking about them being under the influence, it wouldnt surprise me if they've done it although I still wouldnt think so. And shrooms are not the same thing as LSD.

I dont think I'd ever want to trip on anything or be high or drunk (maybe a bit buzzed) during a show, especially U2. A moment lasts a lifetime, and I'd hate to waste any single moment on some false reality.

Your kidding yourself if you dont think that U2 has been "influenced" by LSD and such other narcotics.

I'm not quite kidding myself. I truly do think that they're far too sane to go off their rocker like that. Sure they'll probably have tried whatever. But I doubt they've been "influenced" by it or have regulary used it.

nobody wood notice...
1097290-i_see_what_you_did_there_super.jpg

No, LSD isn't my thing. It never has been.

I've been to a lot of concerts. By many different artists and would always go sober, so I could remember them.

In all seriousness though....I'm trying to think of a circumstance at a U2 show where I'd want to "see" or "hear" anything else in my minds eye other than, you know, The Edge, Bono, Adam and Larry (and the rest of the visuals etc). If LSD really does cause hallucinations (nope, don't know, one of a few things never had the urge to try)...why would I want to hallucinate at a U2 show?! :huh:

Maybe I've got it wrong about what it does to you but that just sounds flat out dumb.

If LSD really does cause hallucinations (nope, don't know, one of a few things never had the urge to try)...why would I want to hallucinate at a U2 show?! :huh:
Forget "want," why would you need to hallucinate at a U2 show? If Bono wearing a jacket that shoots lasers and singing into a glowing steering wheel while standing on a giant robot spider equipped with a movie screen that literally changes size and shape at will isn't trippy enough for your tastes, I don't think LSD would do much for ya, either.

Forget "want," why would you need to hallucinate at a U2 show? If Bono wearing a jacket that shoots lasers and singing into a glowing steering wheel while standing on a giant robot spider equipped with a movie screen that literally changes size and shape at will isn't trippy enough for your tastes, I don't think LSD would do much for ya, either.

Don't forget, he can fly too. :ohmy: And are those bridges moving?

That'd be a horrible time for a "bad trip" too though, lol.

Well that's my point, exactly, I mean assuming that whilst hallucinating my mind would "see" or "hear" something other than what U2 is presenting at that moment - and, for that matter, the exact way they are presenting it - it seems like such a waste! I can maybe buy wanting to hallucinate or alter my sensory experience when sitting at home bored out of my mind or listening to trippy music, but why would I want to risk "missing" a single second of a U2 show? Seems counter to what I'm at the show for, to see and hear U2.. :shrug:

kind of on topic, is any one else able to decipher at the intro of zooropa the voice in all the chatter in the backgound repeating "it makes illicit drugs" or something very close.

I think I read this on that one U2 = satan website.

I've only been to one U2 show and there's no way I would have wanted to alter my consciousness and risk missing anything. I was already so dehydrated, exhausted, starving, and super excited all at the same time and I can't imagine what would have happened if I had taken drugs! (I found out the next day that I lost seven pounds just from the sheer excitement of going to a U2 concert.) Someone else was "enhancing" their experience, though, because I smelled pot smoke at least twice. :drunk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom