Happy Birthday The Joshua Tree Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
Im suprised no one has picked up on the fact that tomo (9th March) marks the 25th birthday of the The Joshua Tree album. Its the album that started u2s reign as biggest band on the planet....and rightly so, as to my ear...that album is a once in a generation album. The quality of the songs on that album is outstanding. And here we are....25 yrs on...and u2 are still the biggest band on the planet. It is an amazing feat to still be on the go after 25 yrs......let alone remaining the biggest band that whole time. So we must doff our hats to them

To those who were not about at the time...i will tell you this....if you think u2 are big now, its nothing compared to how many people loved songs from that album. This was back in the day before all the u2 hating became fashionable, and lots of people, who may not have been fans per se, were certainly loving what they were hearing off the album. I used to get peeps coming up to me in the street....talking about how amazing certain songs were. I have never experienced that before...or since then.

All in all.....quite simply...the BEST album of all time!:drool::drool::drool::up::up::up:

Happy Birthday, U2's Joshua Tree. Arguably you're their best album, and certainly one of the finest rock & roll records of all time. Streets, In God's Country...and the sublime, beautiful, perfect One Tree Hill, among all the others. You were the height of U2's spiritual brilliance.

Oh, and RIP, real Joshua tree.

Happy birthday, TJT! Hard to imagine a time when those songs didn't exist.

And a related note, happy birthday also to Pop, which I believe turned 15 just a few days ago.

Im suprised no one has picked up on the fact that tomo (9th March) marks the 25th birthday of the The Joshua Tree album. Its the album that started u2s reign as biggest band on the planet....and rightly so, as to my ear...that album is a once in a generation album. The quality of the songs on that album is outstanding. And here we are....25 yrs on...and u2 are still the biggest band on the planet. It is an amazing feat to still be on the go after 25 yrs......let alone remaining the biggest band that whole time. So we must doff our hats to them

To those who were not about at the time...i will tell you this....if you think u2 are big now, its nothing compared to how many people loved songs from that album. This was back in the day before all the u2 hating became fashionable, and lots of people, who may not have been fans per se, were certainly loving what they were hearing off the album. I used to get peeps coming up to me in the street....talking about how amazing certain songs were. I have never experienced that before...or since then.

All in all.....quite simply...the BEST album of all time!:drool::drool::drool::up::up::up:

HEAR HEAR :applaud:

:heart: The Joshua Tree. :heart: Released on my 16th birthday & played with such fervor that I burned through not one but two cassettes. :rockon: Luckily, CDs had become the norm by then so I was able to get my hands on a more sturdy vehicle to deliver my fix. Think I'll celebrate my birthday & the album's anniversary with a 24hr listening party tomorrow. :up:

Happy B-day Joshua Tree! 25 years ago? Wow!

I was 15 turing 16 when this came out. I am greatful for the weaponry of songs this album provided me in melting girls' hearts in my grade 10 year. The most girlfriends I ever had in any single year. :wink:
Of course, this was all constructive in helping me find my beautiful wife years later. :D

"With or Without You? Sure babe, that can be 'our' song if you'd like." I think I said something like this to 5 different girls that year. :lol:

:heart: The Joshua Tree. :heart: Released on my 16th birthday & played with such fervor that I burned through not one but two cassettes. :rockon: Luckily, CDs had become the norm by then so I was able to get my hands on a more sturdy vehicle to deliver my fix. Think I'll celebrate my birthday & the album's anniversary with a 24hr listening party tomorrow. :up:

Happy Birthday! :beer: Other than Jan 1, can't think of a better day for a U2 fan to have been born.

I was going to get you white and gold pearls stolen from the sea, but they were already gone. So I'll just give you this instead:

Happy Birthday to BluRmGrl from B&E

Oh, and Happy b-day to TJT as well. :rockon:

Joshua Tree weekend! Fuck yeah! :rockon: That's all I've read on my Facebook/Twitter. And now Sirius radio are having a big celebration. Happy 25th to the album that no doubt solidified my status as a U2 fanatic. This is the one that made me say "I'm gonna become a diehard fan of this band" and sure enough over the next couple years I got more and more into their stuff. I'm not sure how big a fan I'd be of U2 today if Joshua Tree never existed. I have such wonderful memories of from when I first heard the album one summer. Red Hill really was an immediate favorite of mine.

Aw, man. I wake up on a perfectly fine Saturday to find I'm not a true fan?

Fuck. My weekend's ruined.

God, I can't believe people actually fed the troll. :lol:

I've realized in the past that nothing annoys U2 fans more than being excluded from the "true fan" category...it's like telling a high schooler you saw them driving and that they sucked.

Anyway, I mean none of what I say. Well, except for Joshua Tree being the choice of true fans.

Wow, life was so different then. I was young. Really young. I had a summer fling with a girl who went off to Baylor. By March she barely knew my name. JT brought us back together. I bought JT on both record and CD. The first CD I ever bought. I worked at a truck stop. I was a size 32. I had triceps. And abs. God, Reagan was president. Nobody had email. Or internet. Lee Iacoca, Oliver North, Max Headroom, gas was 89 cents a gallon, I had 8 megs of RAM and 230 megs of hard drive space, which was more than I would EVER need. Christian Bale was a little boy in Empire of the Sun...Moonstruck, Lips Like Sugar, True Faith, Heartbreak Beat, Luka....

Just can't believe it was that long ago. That's still a freaking cool album.

Back
Top Bottom