Guitar Hero and U2: Two Great Tastes That Go Great Together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nirniva

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
This is both somewhat old and a rumor, but bear with me here.
According to gaming blog Destructoid, a U2 version of Guitar Hero may be in the works.

Guitar Hero U2 Edition in the works? | Destructoid offers reviews, previews, trailers, cheats, and more.

If this were to happen, it would probably end up a lot like "Guitar Hero: Aerosmith," with a few songs by bands that influenced and were influenced by U2.
On another note, I've recently e-mailed Neversoft, the company that makes Guitar Hero, to propose that they make the entirety of No Line Of The Horizon available for download on the day the album is released. I gave them the beach clips so they could have some idea of what it sounds like. Also, I know, "you should have asked for Achtung Baby/Joshua Tree/whatever my favorite U2 album is," but they seem to be tending more towards newly-released albums. Also, I am of the opinion that Ben's Beach Clip One, "Sexy Boots," and whatever Clip Four is called (I swear I can hear "Only Love" in the chorus) would be completely and utterly EPIC in Guitar Hero.
Metallica's "Death Magnetic" has already been confirmed to be getting this treatment, so it's not unprecedented or anything. If you think this would be cool, e-mail them. If enough of us ask, maybe they'll listen! :D

You actually emailed them the beach clips?

That's um, well, interesting to say the least...

Have you received a response yet?

Guitar Hero :down:

Pick up a real guitar you lazy bastard kids...

I agree. Kids really do think they're cool showing off their Guitar Hero "chops". I have played it and it is fun, but it's no substitute for the real thing. Guitar Hero: U2? It might as well have just one setting: EASY. If there's ever a rock band that's not meant to be featured on this game, U2 is it.

If there's ever a rock band that's not meant to be featured on this game, U2 is it.

I completely agree. When I look at this from a player's perspective and company perspective, I know only a few games can come out each year. I want the best and most entertaining games. There are so many artists that actually provide a real guitar challenge like Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Clapton, Bowie and hell even a prog rock edition. A U2 edition would be a waste of resources.

Seriously? you guys think that the point of a video game is to show off the difficulty of some songs to translate into a 5 button video game, just because they're hard on a real guitar? really?

It has nothing to do with selling the most number of games or trying to put the most fun songs on the list for people to have partys and sing along in a drunken stupor with?

it has nothing to do with trying to put the best music on there to sell the most games?

i'm betting a U2 edition would sell fairly well, or even if they just put two-three U2 songs on a regular edition of the game would also go over fairly well. people want to play songs they know, or at the very least are recognizable.

i would buy that sucker the day it came out and play it til i broke the guitar.

clickkity clacking my way through The Electric Co, Mysterious Ways, etc... are you kidding?

that's great that Led Zep is hard, but where are they on guitar hero??? all mine has is Anarchy in the UK, School's Out, etc...

not exactly the hardest guitar tracks in the world, but fun fun fun

bring on the U2 Guitar Hero. I'm game!

Trust me, there is No U2 Guitar Hero On The Horizon.

Until November 18, when the album comes out. I think it's a great title.

U2 would be more benefitable on Rock Band... that way you can play as Bono, Edge, Adam and Larry...

Honestly, after playing Rock Band numerous times, I'll never go back to Guitar Hero.

I like playing songs that are somewhat challanging, so I don't know how interested I'd be. Heck, Rock Band would be the same way. All of the instrumentation is too simple to be fun to play.

And the new Guitar Hero isn't just guitar, it's got bass and drums just like Rock Band.

I can totally see myself rocking the fuck OUT to "Wild Honey". :rockon:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

funniest thing i heard all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Oh this made my day!!!!!!!

sometimes when i play guitar hero I think if they have Pearl jam, Iron maiden, Santana and The Who why can't we have U2? I play and think I'll be rocking out to The Fly Or Even Better Than The Real Thing. :rockon:

I agree. Kids really do think they're cool showing off their Guitar Hero "chops". I have played it and it is fun, but it's no substitute for the real thing. Guitar Hero: U2? It might as well have just one setting: EASY. If there's ever a rock band that's not meant to be featured on this game, U2 is it.

Well, I haven't tried Guitar Hero for more than a couple of songs, and I just got agitated with it. It's not really like the real thing and that's probably what will keep me away from it. I'd rather play my own guitar anytime, because I'm more used to it and I'm better at it.

On the other hand, if people are having fun and it eventually makes them want to learn how to play/buy an actual electric guitar, then I can't see what the problem is about this game. Because that's all there is to it, it's just a game. (However, you shouldn't drop out of school just to improve your Guitar Hero skills, that's really lame.:no:)

whatever... some place in Europe I've never been...

:angry: YOu wanna say that again, and this time in MY face???

NEVER call a Dutch person German, THAT is a very big insult. :madwife:

Guitar hero is fun, but it's by no means a substitute for real guitar playing... it might be 'the new thing' for U2 as 'sellouts', but I don't see them having a guitar hero game.
I just don't see this happen.

You actually emailed them the beach clips?

That's um, well, interesting to say the least...

Have you received a response yet?

Just so they could have an idea of what the tracks sounded like so they could decide whether or not they wanted to negotiate with U2's label for the tracks. If there was anything higher-quality, I would have sent that instead. Also, no, I haven't got a response yet.

Also...
RULE OF THE INTERNET #158: If anyone mentions Guitar Hero in any context, there WILL be an argument. No exceptions. :wink:

Yeah, a U2 Guitar Hero game would suck.

A U2 first person shooter would be much better!

LEAKED PLOT: Bono goes on a rampage and kills people who didn't donate enough to African children. The game ends with the band bombing their own concert!
THE EDGE: DISMANTLE THIS, B*TCHES!

(Before you mention it, yes, I'm a complete n00b and I have no idea how to use multi-quote. Sorry. :drool:)

I agree. Kids really do think they're cool showing off their Guitar Hero "chops".

It does take skill to play video games well. Saying that people shouldn't play Guitar Hero when they can go play the real thing instead though doesn't make sense to me. They are two different things. If people want to have fun with a video game, what's the big deal? :shrug: Just because there is an activity in a video game that you can do in real life doesn't mean that you should just skip the game and do it for real. Grand Theft Auto, anyone? :wink:

It does take skill to play video games well. Saying that people shouldn't play Guitar Hero when they can go play the real thing instead though doesn't make sense to me. They are two different things. If people want to have fun with a video game, what's the big deal? :shrug: Just because there is an activity in a video game that you can do in real life doesn't mean that you should just skip the game and do it for real. Grand Theft Auto, anyone? :wink:

The GTA comparison was really bad. We all know murdering and robbing people is not something you should do in real life.

Guitar Hero is a fun game. But to people who play real instruments, rabid Guitar Hero players are pathetic, plain and simple. Who cares if it's fun? If you hung out on your computer in your bedroom and posted on Interference 24/7, you'd be labeled a loser as well by people who, you know, have lives.

[Note: I didn't personally call you or anyone here a loser, because I don't know your online habits.]

That said, if the Edge played this game, I bet he'd never get off easy mode, even if he played it nonstop for the next 30 years.

Back
Top Bottom