Growers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

intedomine

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Not U2 songs that have necessarily grown in appreciation for yourself individually, but songs that have grown in appreciation just generally amongst the U2 fraternity of fans.

Why raise this? I found the endurance of One Step Closer quite impressive in the Survivor competition.

Could have sworn it got slaughtered in it's first ever Survivor competition, and expected the same this time 'round and it exemplifies how some songs can certainly improve and garner wider appreciation over time.

What other ones appear, to me at least, to have aged particularly well to the extent that they have improved, or become more listenable? Or at least since I became a U2 hardcore back in '02

The Fly
A Sort Of Homecoming
Hawkmoon 269
Rejoice
Miami

Or at least Miami in the sense it doesn't appear to attract the same hate it used to.

There are reasons for this. New albums mean new songs to compare the songs of the past with, favourably or unfavourbaly. Live performances of certain songs feature tweaks that make a song appear better than it used to seem.

Just random thoughts, list away.

recently:

Winter
Cedars
White As Snow

back catalog:

Seconds
Stranger In A Strange Land
Promenade
Lemon
When I Look At The World
Smile

Lemon!

After hearing live...I fell in love! I use to skip over the studio track, now I really like it.

Miami, Playboy Mansion, Lemon (my favorite song by anyone ever), both of the Elvis songs, Original Soundtracks 1 in its entirety, Please, Gawn, October in its entirety, Mothers of the Disappeared, and, believe it or not, for me, Bad (which I didn't like at first, but now is by far my favorite pre-Achtung Baby U2 song).

Miami, Discothèque, Lemon, Unknown Caller, Moment of Surrender, Wild Honey, Two Hearts Beat As One, Breathe, Some Days Are Better Than Others are those I can think of. Miami especially is an awesome song now.

Back
Top Bottom