Great live performences that should have got more credits then it has

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Great live performances that should have gotten more credit than they received.

Mofo from the MTV euro awards was absolutely awesome!

Last edited:
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses & With or Without You - East Rutherford, 1992-03-18
One - Tacoma, 1992-04-21
Bullet the Blue Sky - Slane Castle, 2001-08-25
Running To Stand Still - Rotterdam, 1990-01-06
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - Rotterdam, 1993-05-11

The 26 December 1989 performance of One Tree Hill always needs more credit, no matter how much it gets.

Other performances all too overlooked sometimes:
- God Part II, 23 November 1989
- The Unforgettable Fire and Wire, 21 March 1985
- Pride, 31 August 1984 (better than the studio version, believe it or not)
- 11 O'clock Tick Tock, 4 November 1981

Please: Santiago 98
Gone: Tibet 97
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For: Toyko 06
Beautiful Day: Tokyo 06
Streets: 5th January 1990
Mysterious Ways: Rotterdam 92
Love Is Blindness: Rotterdam 92

the list goes on really....

Oh and the 26th December 1989 version of All I Want Is You is just astonishing and may be my all-time favourite rendition of the song.

desire rotterdam 1990-01-10

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JFzNEZUzn74&hl=pt-br&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JFzNEZUzn74&hl=pt-br&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Good picks - that version of LAPOE is amazing.. Bono looks and sounds like it's 1992 again.

I don't know if anyone can find them on the web but I remember buying a copy of the Washington DC Popmart show from 05/26/97. The versions of Gone & LNOE totally rock. During Gone the crowd is going so crazy Bono gives a big "thank you" right before the bridge. The band was on fire during these songs and the screen was broken.

Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses & With or Without You - East Rutherford, 1992-03-18
Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses & With or Without You - Uniondale, 1992-03-09
Those 2 versions of those 2 songs must be heard by every U2 lovers.:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

New Year's Day - COH Tour 1986-06-06 Los Angeles - although not the best quality, Bono sings best I've ever heard him on this song.
UTEOTW - Anaheim 1992-14-11

I don't know if anyone can find them on the web but I remember buying a copy of the Washington DC Popmart show from 05/26/97. The versions of Gone & LNOE totally rock. During Gone the crowd is going so crazy Bono gives a big "thank you" right before the bridge. The band was on fire during these songs and the screen was broken.

Some time ago, video from the whole concert was posted on youtube, but has been deleted. Yeah, Gone and LNOE are very good on there, and also Please with SBS snippet. It looked like the band wanted to play as best as they could when the videoscreen was broken...

Good picks - that version of LAPOE is amazing.. Bono looks and sounds like it's 1992 again.

It's funny you mention that...I was thinking the same thing....the way Bono is moving at times is exactly like ZooTV....and everything about it....sounds like 92 too haha, cool :up:

The Fly Vertigo- Morumbi, Brazil
:up: Not only because I'm brazilian and was on the show. It was really brilliant, the whole show was great, impeccable.
Where The Streets Have No Name from São Paulo (Morumbi Stadium, Brazil) was amazing too, especially when Bono shouted "Argentina", and the Brazilian audience hooted him, then he smiled (I'm sure he knew about the historical intrigue between brazilians and argentinians). :D

That LAPOE clip was painful. Poor Bono at the end :lol:

Edge was on fire there.

:up: Not only because I'm brazilian and was on the show. It was really brilliant, the whole show was great, impeccable.
Where The Streets Have No Name from São Paulo (Morumbi Stadium, Brazil) was amazing too, especially when Bono shouted "Argentina", and the Brazilian audience hooted him, then he smiled (I'm sure he knew about the historical intrigue between brazilians and argentinians). :D

The entire São Paulo show was amazing... up there with Honolulu, the Saitama nights, and the Chicago night with Discothèque for me. It has the best The Fly ever... I would have sacrificed several limbs to have been at that show, right at the front of the 100,000 person audience or whatever it was.

Also, I'd say that the entire Zoo TV Stockholm pro-shot show is criminally underrated. It is probably my favorite pro-shot bootleg DVD.

The entire São Paulo show was amazing...
Yes, you are absolutely right. Adam cried at the end of the show (the second and last show), then when the show finished, they stayed 5 minutes or more on the stage looking to the huge audience (more than 70000 people). Everybody shouting "U2, U2, U2!!!!!", impressing, I will never forget it, and I suppose they won't too. :sad::drool:

Back
Top Bottom