Grammy submissions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JUSTinPUSHPLAY

Acrobat
So here are the categories U2 submitted themselves to be elegable for at next year's Grammy Awards

Record Of The Year, Song Of The Year, Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group, Rock Song - The Miracle Of Joey Ramone

Song Of The Year, Visual Media - Ordinary Love

Music Video (Short Form) - Invisible

Album Of The Year, Best Rock Album - Songs Of Innocence

I would say that rock album and rock performance should be locks for nominations at minimum. Hope I'm wrong and they sneak into the major categories

Ordinary Love is lyrically beautiful. One of their best.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Forget it, U2 don´t need any more awards.
The trophy room is already full.
Besides , this year they have to fight off Prince, Lenny Kravitz. Maroon 5, Beck,
Mac DeMarco, St. Vincent, The War on Drugs, Real Estate, Lana Del Rey,
Sun Kil Moon, Damon Albarn, James Vincent McMorrow, James, East India Youth,
Swans, Rosanne Cash, Wild Beasts, The Antlers, Sharon Van Etten, Lord Steppington,
Bruce Springsteen, Estoile Naiant, Mogwai, Future Islands, Lykke Li, Pharrell Williams,
The Black Keys and the list just goes on and on...
and you can also include Jimmy Page´s new
autobiography book which is just 650 pages full of personal photos.
Just that thing will sell more than any record anyone has been selling!

Actually I think getting a big win would give the album a sales shot in the arm it needs, we know that it's probably gonna barely move 100k units in the states because it was free for a month but anytime an album wins a grammy it shoots up the charts, especially album of the year. so if by some miracle that happens Songs Of Innocence might end up a number one album after all

Hedging their bets on Miracle... meh. Enjoy the song but Every Breaking Wave should have had that spot IMO.

Invisible was never 'sold' so it wasn't eligible for the song categories. It was a free single, thats why they started selling the songs of innocence vinyls early, so they could be eligible for song and album awards

Back
Top Bottom