Grammy Nominations 12-02-09

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They could edit the original footage of MJ back in and a guaranteed hit.

By the way, that MJ tribute at the grammies was also pathetic!

Indeed great if Bono won't be part. After all, We are the World was the US answer to UKs Do they know it's christmas....

I'd be glad if he won't be a part of this. It's just the umpteenth time celebs record another milked out single for a cause. Sure, it's a good cause, but why would people want to hear this song AGAING performed by a new bunch of shitty mainstream artists? :shrug: Not my cup of tea!

I had forgotten about the Grammies! (well not that I really care:wink:). I'm not surprised that U2 didn't win anything but maybe (surely) that's a good thing, if Green Day wins with "Let's Copy American Idiot"...

I'd rather eat my own eyeballs out than listen to Taylor, but, hey, I am a sixteen-year-old non-gay American male, so perhaps that creates some bias in me against her.

WAIT!? You're not gay older? :wink:

I'm not much of a Swift fan right now - her vocals haven't impressed me. But I think time will tell if she's for real or just a flash in the pan. Country artists tend to linger forever, but they rarely have an album that's able to cross-over and become that huge hit. She has cross-appeal now, but I can see her having more success only in the "country music" category in the future. And that's fine. With a big album like this behind her, she will always have interest.

The same is true for U2. They will always have interest in their new music and tours even if their new album isn't good. It's just sad that NLOTH wasn't really a hit or recognized by awards as I feel it is better than ATYCLB and HTDAAB. But those two sold more and sales sometimes equals awards.

^Big difference. Completely different songs and stories, and a 10 year gap between the releases for the Who.

Green Day made a huge miscalculation in what was essentially releasing the same rehashed crap, it just made them look like they have nothing new to say. But then again, I may be the only person around here who isn't a big fan of AI in the first place, I much prefer their earlier material.

Same here, my favourite record is still Dookie. Though AI has grown on me over the years. Its clone, however, has not and probably won't either.

I don't know what's more hillarious, that GD release AI again or that they get a Grammy for it.

You all might not be Green Day Fans, but if you listen to their new album, doesn't compare to American Idiot, both albums have stories, different stories...

You all might not be Green Day Fans, but if you listen to their new album, doesn't compare to American Idiot, both albums have stories, different stories...

If I want stories I'll read a book. An album is about music. The music of the new album is a complete recylce from AI. Pretty damn close to 100%.

This has nothing to do with whether I like GD or not, since I do. This has to do with cold hard facts. Compare the chords, compare the chord sequences, compare the melodies. It's the same.

If I want stories I'll read a book. An album is about music. The music of the new album is a complete recylce from AI. Pretty damn close to 100%.

This has nothing to do with whether I like GD or not, since I do. This has to do with cold hard facts. Compare the chords, compare the chord sequences, compare the melodies. It's the same.

This.

And, I am late to this thread and too lazy to look back through it, but am I the only one who finds it odd that Bomb beats AI but 21Breakdown beats NLOTH??

The Grammys are so inconsistent. How could AI, much more successful, much more popular, and a much better album than Breakdown not win a Grammy while Breakdown does? I mean, come on, in 2004/05, AI was all you heard everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom