Grammy awards 2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the first time I've seen that clip.

Larry is such a dunce.

Kanye is a great artist, but he has no room to lecture Beck about artistry. The guy was making great records when Kanye was still in high school.

Yep. And that's my problem with Kanye. If you're going to take a stance and make a rant, do so against musicians that actually have it coming. But blowing up against Taylor Swift and Beck don't make a lot of sense. Save that rant for Nickleback or Adam Levine.

Yep. And that's my problem with Kanye. If you're going to take a stance and make a rant, do so against musicians that actually have it coming. But blowing up against Taylor Swift and Beck don't make a lot of sense. Save that rant for Nickleback or Adam Levine.

I think the last five posts I've made on Interference and social media in the last twelve hours have been about how disappointed I am in Kanye West, so what's one more?

Yeah, yeah, why should we be surprised at this point. The reason why is that it was such an awesome moment last night that yet another artist who doesn't get as much (as he did) mainstream respect as someone like, let's say, Beyonce won album of the year again. You can continue to call the Grammys a joke, and let's face it, they really are for the most part, but Beck was rewarded for a lifetime of great music last night (he's only 44 and he's been active in some way since he was 15). That was a nice moment.

And the moment seemed even nicer when it looked like Kanye West of all people was willing to make fun of himself. But for him to go and ruin it later, it was like rediscovering that he was an asshole for the first time, all over again.

Just stupid, and pathetic, and I hate that I love his music.

Hopefully Kanye and Rhianna can shine some of their spotlight on the unknown U2.. Like they did for that Paul guy.

A better song than the "mum" song from Kanye and Macca.

Apparently McCartney also needs the help of Baroness Bla-bla.

I think the last five posts I've made on Interference and social media in the last twelve hours have been about how disappointed I am in Kanye West, so what's one more?

Yeah, yeah, why should we be surprised at this point. The reason why is that it was such an awesome moment last night that yet another artist who doesn't get as much (as he did) mainstream respect as someone like, let's say, Beyonce won album of the year again. You can continue to call the Grammys a joke, and let's face it, they really are for the most part, but Beck was rewarded for a lifetime of great music last night (he's only 44 and he's been active in some way since he was 15). That was a nice moment.

And the moment seemed even nicer when it looked like Kanye West of all people was willing to make fun of himself. But for him to go and ruin it later, it was like rediscovering that he was an asshole for the first time, all over again.

Just stupid, and pathetic, and I hate that I love his music.

I remember in 2006 when U2 win Album of the year, Kanye was up for it and he had a mini breakdown that he didn't win.

The problem is that he acts as if there is no one in his life to teach him how to act with dignity and professionalism. He does what he wants, when he wants and its embarrassing. Some one needs to tell him to grow up and be mature about things he doesn't agree with and stomping your feet and yelling "everyone, listen to me" is not an adult way to handle things.

This guy reminds me of the young boy in the movie The Toy. No one tells him no, so he just thinks he can do whatever he pleases.

The worst part is, he takes the attention away from the winners and makes it about him. I feel bad for the Taylor Swifts and Becks of the world(when it comes to this situation) because that is THEIR moment, regardless of what we might think or feel and he took their moment because he is a spoiled little man.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Kanye's solo performance was entirely Auto tuned so that's what passes for "respecting artistry" these days.

They could have picked one random guy from the crowd last night, dressed him in purple sweatpants, have him stand over a lighted manhole cover, and have him recite those same lyrics through Auto tune and the result would have been exactly the same.

I really don't get the "genius" lable for this dude.

You'd think by now, Beyonce or Jay-Z would have mentioned to him that he really doesn't have to be their PR guy on award nights. It must be embaressing to them to have this clown run up on stage in their name and humiliate the actual winner during the acceptance speech.

It wasn't essentially auto tuned it was auto tuned. It's an effect. I am in no mood to defend Yeezy right now but I can't believe in the year 2015 people are still commenting on using auto tune as an effect as though he was actually trying to use it to correct his singing.

Thank you! I feel like I've had to say that same thing 10 times on Facebook today. 808s and Heartbreak, anyone?

I mean, seriously, don't be alarmed, but that's not actually what Jeff Lynne's voice sounds like on "Mr. Blue Sky"!

And what about poor Peter Frampton? He should have a doctor check into that. The human voice should not sound like that.

That being said, I can't believe the autotune debate is still going on.

Well, it's not really a debate, more one side says something ignorant, the other corrects them and we move on.

Kanye could have murdered Beck on stage, and I would have argued self defense. So put me in with LM and COBL, Kanye for life. We're a threesome!

I was just going to troll everyone and defend Kanye 100% but there were two posts that actually genuinely annoyed me. Two more from U2girl, but there's no point engaging with someone that thick.

The problem is that he acts as if there is no one in his life to teach him how to act with dignity and professionalism. He does what he wants, when he wants and its embarrassing. Some one needs to tell him to grow up and be mature about things he doesn't agree with and stomping your feet and yelling "everyone, listen to me" is not an adult way to handle things.

This guy reminds me of the young boy in the movie The Toy. No one tells him no, so he just thinks he can do whatever he pleases.

This is incredibly condescending. He is a fucking adult, and you are picking and choosing isolated moments to shit on him. It is not embarrassing that he does what he wants. I think it's refreshing that we have an artist who doesn't pussyfoot around and worry about stepping on people's toes. And a lot of the ridiculous shit he says is borne from real frustrations about people not taking him seriously. If he's angry about something he speaks his mind. Sometimes he says stupid shit but a lot of the time he has a point.

And when that anger results in albums like Yeezus, I say bring it the fuck on.

Kanye's solo performance was entirely Auto tuned so that's what passes for "respecting artistry" these days.

They could have picked one random guy from the crowd last night, dressed him in purple sweatpants, have him stand over a lighted manhole cover, and have him recite those same lyrics through Auto tune and the result would have been exactly the same.

I really don't get the "genius" lable for this dude.

You'd think by now, Beyonce or Jay-Z would have mentioned to him that he really doesn't have to be their PR guy on award nights. It must be embaressing to them to have this clown run up on stage in their name and humiliate the actual winner during the acceptance speech.

Ashley and Cori have already covered the autotune thing, but yeah, you just come across as really ignorant here. You have no idea what you're talking about.

This is incredibly condescending. He is a fucking adult, and you are picking and choosing isolated moments to shit on him. It is not embarrassing that he does what he wants. I think it's refreshing that we have an artist who doesn't pussyfoot around and worry about stepping on people's toes. And a lot of the ridiculous shit he says is borne from real frustrations about people not taking him seriously. If he's angry about something he speaks his mind. Sometimes he says stupid shit but a lot of the time he has a point.

And when that anger results in albums like Yeezus, I say bring it the fuck on.

I think there's a problem with this argument and it's simply this: People don't take him seriously because he has a horrible tendency to act like a complete child. And maybe that viewpoint is condescending, but I find it condescending that he seems to think that his opinion is the only one that matters, and if people disagree then he has the right to storm onto the stage during an awards ceremony.

Also, I would hope that the race-related anger that occurred on Yeezus had nothing to do with Tay-Tay winning best music video.

No, that's ugly behaviour, which is why I agree with you - it was so great watching him make fun of himself but the interview after kinda ruined it.

Yeezus and Taylor Swift's award had nothing to do with each other, they were pretty far removed and he already addressed the whole Swift thing on MBDTF.

I realize that, that's kinda my point. Him being mad and trying to suggest some kind of industry out to get him over Beck beating Beyonce should definitely not be something that causes him to write a song like Black Skinhead, and yet, I suspect it will do exactly that.

From all the interviews I watched and read Black Skinhead was more of a reaction to him being brickwalled when he wants to do things outside of music.

I think he has a point, but he picked a horrible time to make it and it was pretty unfair on Beck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom