Gone - best live versions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thelaj

Refugee
In preparation for the tour, I am trying to make an updated "best" live playlist.

The song I am currently focusing on is GONE, that gem from Pop.

Does anyone have any good calls on great performances with good sound quality?

I am currently partial to the version from the Elevation Boston DVD.

Elevation version was better... Edge plays a better outro and plays more guitar chords in the verses, so makes for a stronger song.

This sounds like quite an interesting idea actually, I'd be meaning to do something similar for quite a while. What other performances have you got on your list mate?

I had a boot of Popmart, Washington DC show, and Gone blew my mind on that show. It has the early rawness and the crowd was really into that song. Even Bono takes notice and thanks the crowd during the song for the ovation. Pretty cool.

Prolly my favorite song of all-time - I have to say Santiago Popmart, the atmosphere really adds to the song, plus the huge-ass screen/graphics propel this song into the stratosphere!

This sounds like quite an interesting idea actually, I'd be meaning to do something similar for quite a while. What other performances have you got on your list mate?

Currently I am settled on:

Kite (Sydney 11 Nov 06) [window in the skies single]
The Fly (Boston 6 Jun 01) [elevation boston dvd]
Desire (Rotterdam 10 Jan 90)
Mysterious Ways (Houston 14 Oct 92)

Many more on my audition list... I last did this back in 2005 so should be interesting to see the changes :drool:

I've never seen that........

It's a miracle if Bono actually plays the guitar. But a solo

Im impressed!

Should have kept that version.

not the first time he's done a "solo"

hopefully it wont be the last :rockon:

PopMart Sarajevo's version is incredible. His voice struggles during most of this show, but he puts an insane effort into Gone and Real Thing. The last "I'll be UPPPPPPP with the sun" is absolutely insane.

PopMart Sarajevo's version is incredible. His voice struggles during most of this show, but he puts an insane effort into Gone and Real Thing. The last "I'll be UPPPPPPP with the sun" is absolutely insane.

Yeah, his voice at the start of that show was totally mental. It was those early songs that blew his voice out and hence the struggle for the remainder. But I love the croaky voice that we get for the remainder since it causes Bono to improvise a little bit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom