Glenn Beck's final broadcast and Bono...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catman

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Glenn Beck’s Final Broadcast: He Left Because of Spider-Man and Bono

It was supposed to have been a bittersweet and quietly contemplative week for Glenn Beck, whose final Fox News Channel show aired today. Of course, all that was derailed by that senseless incident at Bryant Park, when his entire family was swept away by a wave of Cabernet Sauvignon released from a crop duster by an insane liberal. (Or else a plastic cup of wine tipped over. Reports were conflicting.)

But Beck, pro that he is, managed to keep emotions in check for his last Fox sermon — a tight set of greatest fear-mongering hits, delivered, as always, with all the conviction of someone you might find sitting alone in a Denny's booth at 4 a.m., scribbling into their conspiracy journal. Before signing off with a sentimental pledge of holy war against his media enemies ("You will pray for the time I was only on the air for one hour a day..."), Beck offered a perfectly reasonable explanation for why he had independently opted to abandon the biggest platform of his career for the decidedly less-glamorous world of internet broadcasting. The answer is in this video. I don't want to spoil it for you, but it involves a success-affirming text message from the lead singer of U2, and the dizzying prospect of exploring the dressing rooms of his favorite chorus boy-maiming Broadway spectacular.

Not sure what to make of that, lol :drunk:

oh my god if i were Bono i would just BAN that guy from speaking my name :D

I got to admit i havent got a clue about whats happening in here, have i missed something?

Glenn Beck is seeing Spiderman, gets text saying "Do you want to meet Bono backstage?" afterwards he told his wife "How do we leave this?" (Meaning he is at Pinnacle of career)...

Then he came to realize that if he didn't leave (FoxNews) now, he wouldn't leave with his soul.

Typical Glenn Beck rambling. Not worth even listening to.

He's talked about Bono & Spider-man before. He saw it a while ago and was a huge fan - said the show was incredible and the best thing on Broadway. He got to meet Bono backstage and he talked on the radio about how he didn't understand why he was still wearing sunglasses inside!
He actually complimented Bono as a person and seemed to like him (unlike a lot of people, and most of the media at the moment)
He basically repeated this on his last show, citing the fact he could go meet Bono as a sign that he was as high as he could get in his career.

Back
Top Bottom