Glastonbury TV Coverage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the scan! I liked the little sidebar of what some of the other artists thought of U2 playing. Good mix of statements, all nice and level-headed. Well done!

Dave Grohl in 1991 or 1992 apparently disliked them. I'd be curious if he still feels the same or has mellowed in his post-grunge days.

I can't wait for the next 1992 quote they pull out, with someone whining that U2 broke up the Pixies! :lol:

Sorry to hear it won't be broadcast more openingly worldwide. For those that might, for some reason, miss it in the UK however, iPlayer has links to all three parts at the ready it would seem:

BBC iPlayer - Glastonbury: 2011: U2 Live - Part 1

BBC iPlayer - Glastonbury: 2011: U2 Live - Part 2

BBC iPlayer - Glastonbury: 2011: U2 Live - Part 3

Will it be shown live at these links? Would be easier than switching to the different BBC Sites, especially since I've never watched anything on BBC website before. (Assuming this UK IP generator thing works.)

Dave Grohl in 1991 or 1992 apparently disliked them. I'd be curious if he still feels the same or has mellowed in his post-grunge days.

Considering that he recently said the best show he's ever been to was a U2 show, I'd go with no, he doesn't feel the same.

I remember reading in Until the End of the World that part of the issue was the drama with The Pixies. Also he had said that Nirvana would never tour such large venues. Let's just say the look on his face when the Foo Fighters played Wembley was priceless.

So I thought I was going to watch the whole set on BBC HD, but just found out, there is more than one BBC HD. The channel I have is BBC International and there is no U2 in the TV schedule for Friday :sad: :scream: :grumpy: :depressed: :banghead: :madwife:

Hope you can read..I did my best.

Thanks for posting these!

The impression I get from reading this is that the author is trying to encourage division between U2 fans and U2 haters. They seem to be trying to point out reasons why Bono is really annoying.

I DL'd the Expat. It worked, I just checked both BBC one and BBC two online and watched them live online here in the US. And my banner ads have changed to UK ones, and when I go to Yahoo's website it takes me to the UK version haha.

I guess I'll uninstall and re-install Friday, but it should work people.

Will it be shown live at these links? Would be easier than switching to the different BBC Sites, especially since I've never watched anything on BBC website before. (Assuming this UK IP generator thing works.)

I don't actually know the answer to that, normally iPlayer would put it up after the show is finished, if it were a normal TV show that is. However I've never watched anything like the Glastonbury coverage on it before, so I don't know how they would handle that. Sorry.

Read At the End of the World. Bono dismissed Dave as "not the brains of the group" in Nirvana.

I wouldn't like Bono either, after that!

Context, is everything, as they say.

eta: where's Henry Rollins in the anti-U2 comments section ? Would have made for the ultimate duo with McCulloch...

I love Foo Fighters, and wish they would play with Red Hot Chilis on stage, just like, 2 songs!

cause OMG, seeing Anthony and Dave together would make me explode.

:D:D:D

anyway, i dont think Im gonna get chance to see U2 set on TV (, I really hope its repeated in a Best Of Glastonbury on Sunday night or during the week, to get the chance. bound to play some classics. I think the gig will be fine. stop worryin about any haters, WE enjoy/love them :up:

I really hope the whole set will be uploaded on youtube shortly after the show.

Dave apparently had different priorities back in the early 90s.

Rolling Stone said:
Grohl went on to describe an encounter with Eddie Money sporting green shorts, shirt and Crocs ("and it wasn't St. Patrick's day"), and being "trashed in the U2 dressing room ... I had my pants around my ankles and I was holding a fuckin' [giant] wheel of cheese. I turn around and look, and it's the drummer from U2 who just invited me to the fuckin' show."

I hope it gets put up on youtube like the Muse show was last year.

Also, do you think there's a chance that someone somewhere will be recording the show to distribute as a torrent? I'm not going to be here tomorrow, so I won't find out what they played till Saturday and I'd love to be able to see/hear the undoubtedly amazing show!

Just want to say that I'm ridiculously envious of anyone who's at Glastonbury right now..

I've got nerves like the eve of the 360 tour all over again !

Really, Really, hope the boys pull it off, on one of the world's most critical stages.

Can't wait to watch it on the telly :)

Weathers gonna be nice Friday and Sunday though. Saturday will be a bit more rain. But should be nice and dry for U2!

These people are really getting on my nerves now...such self righteousness...they don't know the band and who they are as people.

I'm all for open protest but seriously, this just sounds like people out to spoil the fun for the sake of some half-arsed protest that isn't based on the facts.

I hope U2 just go out there tonight and blow all the naysayers out of the water with an amazing performance.

U2 face 'tax dodge' demo at Glastonbury - Telegraph

Back
Top Bottom