Glastonbury performance disappointing because of Bono's shoes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ws9pue.jpg

What annoys me is the fact that some people think it's a competition. Why weren't Coldplay better? You say because they only have mid tempo tunes in their catalogue? I say nay. Why do you think Beyonce was better? Because she has big hair? Can dance in stiletto's? Because of her numerous costume changes? I don't think she was much better than U2 or Coldplay. I thought Bruce Springsteen was the best when he was headlining a couple of years ago. But please, lets stop this my opinion is fact nonsense.

What annoys me is the fact that some people think it's a competition. Why weren't Coldplay better? You say because they only have mid tempo tunes in their catalogue? I say nay. Why do you think Beyonce was better? Because she has big hair? Can dance in stiletto's? Because of her numerous costume changes? I don't think she was much better than U2 or Coldplay. I thought Bruce Springsteen was the best when he was headlining a couple of years ago. But please, lets stop this my opinion is fact nonsense.

You speak the truth.

I can see how his boots wouldn't have had good traction on a wet surface, but that doesn't mean they ruined the show. Unless Bono was planning to do a lot of running, jumping, climbing, or his version of dancing and couldn't because of the slippery conditions, so, to him, it was a disappointment.

Back
Top Bottom