Fugitive: $5000.00 Reward. This makes me sad:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Anyway, I thought I should add a few more thoughts for any fans, lurkers or truly interested parties in this memorable yet complicated story.

Some fans and a lot of people (mostly non fans) think because I had that moment with Bono nearly 14 years ago, and him later pulling up my two little girls a few months later in Phoenix (same tour) that I have an "in" or "connection" with him and U2. Guess what ? I don't.

In meet and greets he's usually only cordial at best, sometimes he gives me a only a quizzical MacPhisto type look and heads down the line, so my dream of being like: an Amp Bains, Tattoo Dan or The Three Sisters type fan that he repeatedly pulls up-sorta totally back-fired. Sure, he smiled at me a few times from stage post Elevation, a few shout outs here and there, BUT since the 360 Tour I haven't felt any great amount of adoration flowing from him to me, (maybe he's bugged by my taking too many liberties with the story or doesn't like my right leaning politics that I post freely online, or sometimes I make fun of his hair plugs), don't really know, and at this point it doesn't matter anymore. So with that, my advice is don't ever crash stage to anyone thinking about it-it doesn't get you "in" with the band.

One blessing from all of this is I had an epiphany one day at the beginning of The Vertigo Tour. The epiphany was this: my adoration for Bono bordered on Idolatry, which is an impediment in development of one's highest spiritual self, and a violation of one of God's Commandments-if you subscribe to Christian or Judeo principles, as I do, and as I understand it Bono does too. So, I was able to let go a few years back, and reprioritize my life. I also had a minor heart condition, requiring surgery that pointed me in a new direction. I found myself closer to God, serving others especially the less fortunate and being far less judgmental. Since that time I've been much happier, less anxious and stressed- instead of trolling from show to show trying to rub shoulders with a rock star. One eventually could find themselves disappointed, Bono addresses this in a lot of his lyrics.

So, my kindly advice only for some, most aren't zealots like I once was, but to those who might be: watch yourselves, not to be caught in that slippery slope I once was.

Explore other music as well, I like these bands a lot-

London Grammar:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT5M6ZlRpWE

Sigur Ros:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poZvQm8hu2Q

Best,

:heart:

<>

giphy.gif

Has anyone made the post about this thread being yet another lead-in by a certain someone to trot out his...

...nahhhhh. I mean. Nah

Sent from my ass crack

Qu'est-ce que c'est ?

Qu'est-ce qu'il parle ?

<>

I still have no clue what this whole thing is about.

<> was on stage.
An angry guard broke some of <>'s ribs, before <> reached Bono.
Bono was not pleased with the whole situation, but Bono did rescue <> that night.
The guard that broke <>'s ribs eventually went to jail after later being fired by the band for various felonies, committed after his termination with the band.
<> has moved on.
Some others have not.

The first riffs of "Walk On" filled the arena after a lovely "One". Anyone who had read any of the setlists from earlier in the show knew this was the last song. Near the end, a fan came running up onto the right side of the stage towards the stage. Adam Clayton quickly made himself scarce as security roughly brought the fan down . The arena was so loud, I couldn't hear anything if anything was being shouted. Bono didn't notice at first. He was looking off to the left of the stage, strumming his guitar and getting set to end the song. But the scuffle couldn't go unnoticed for long as the crowd had tuned in and all eyes were flying to the right of the stage.

The fan reached out to Bono, wordlessly asking for his help. The singer stripped himself of his guitar and chucked it at a stage hand. He covered the distance between the center of the stage and the right corner in a fraction of a second. He pushed off one security guard and then another. He shouted something, but with the din of the screaming crowd and Edge's lead guitar, I didn't hear what he said. One security guard or two persisted in forcibly removing the fan. Bono pulled an arm back, hand all fisted up. He was livid. Security let the fan go and the man got up and went with Bono to the center of the stage. The crowd was ecstatic. It was like a victory for fans everywhere. The fan picked Bono up and swung him around (he towered over the little frontman by a good four to six inches). Then, the fan took a lap around the heart and disappeared into the crowd once more as Bono and U2 finished up the show.

The newspapers the next morning thought the fan wasa plant and the whole incident could have been a set up. This is not true.

<> could have, and probably should have, been arrested for trespassing

The security guard that broke <>'s ribs was trying to protect his client from what could have been a violent attacker who was on the stage without being invited

<> brought up that the guard has since been arrested, as if it was some sort of comeuppance for his broken ribs, even though nobody really cares

yet <> thinks other people are the ones who haven't moved on

Quote:

The first riffs of "Walk On" filled the arena after a lovely "One". Anyone who had read any of the setlists from earlier in the show knew this was the last song. Near the end, a fan came running up onto the right side of the stage towards the stage. Adam Clayton quickly made himself scarce as security roughly brought the fan down . The arena was so loud, I couldn't hear anything if anything was being shouted. Bono didn't notice at first. He was looking off to the left of the stage, strumming his guitar and getting set to end the song. But the scuffle couldn't go unnoticed for long as the crowd had tuned in and all eyes were flying to the right of the stage.

The fan reached out to Bono, wordlessly asking for his help. The singer stripped himself of his guitar and chucked it at a stage hand. He covered the distance between the center of the stage and the right corner in a fraction of a second. He pushed off one security guard and then another. He shouted something, but with the din of the screaming crowd and Edge's lead guitar, I didn't hear what he said. One security guard or two persisted in forcibly removing the fan. Bono pulled an arm back, hand all fisted up. He was livid. Security let the fan go and the man got up and went with Bono to the center of the stage. The crowd was ecstatic. It was like a victory for fans everywhere. The fan picked Bono up and swung him around (he towered over the little frontman by a good four to six inches). Then, the fan took a lap around the heart and disappeared into the crowd once more as Bono and U2 finished up the show.

The newspapers the next morning thought the fan was a plant and the whole incident could have been a set up. This is not true.

Dude... take that to PLEBA

<> could have, and probably should have, been arrested for trespassing

The security guard that broke <>'s ribs was trying to protect his client from what could have been a violent attacker who was on the stage without being invited

<> brought up that the guard has since been arrested, as if it was some sort of comeuppance for his broken ribs, even though nobody really cares

yet <> thinks other people are the ones who haven't moved on

Nice summary of what vibe this thread gives off.

Back
Top Bottom