From the Sky Down "Director's Cut" - Blu-ray/DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mobonofo

Acrobat
Wondering if anyone has picked up the Blu-ray or single disc DVD for "From the Sky Down" - as it claims to be a "Director's Cut." It came out on the 24th.

Wondering how this cut is different from the shortened Uber/Deluxe version or the BBC broadcast, which had an extra section about band break-ups and a little more about the making of "Mysterious Ways."

Is it worth picking up, other than the bonus features? I feel the need to find out before I give U2 any more of my hard-earned money, since they chose to not include this version with the $400-plus Uber set. :huh:

Blu Ray has the complete press conference (40 min). DVD has only 4 minutes of that.

Is it worth picking up, other than the bonus features? I feel the need to find out before I give U2 any more of my hard-earned money, since they chose to not include this version with the $400-plus Uber set. :huh:

I understand the Director's Cut is streaming on the Über Deluxe site for those who bought that set.

I saw it in my local music shop (yes, a few of them still exist). Would From The Sky Down be considered a documentary film like Rattle & Hum?

It's a Documentary, but it's not a film like Rattle and Hum IMO. From the Sky Down is a retrospective documentary aimed at a TV audience. Rattle and Hum was contemporary, and was intended to break another medium.

Very good to know. If I do get another version, it shall be the Blu Ray, then. Thanks.

The press conference is interesting, though readily available online and I'm not sure it's worth watching more than once. Other than that, the film itself on Blu-Ray is identical to the version shown on BBC and released separately on DVD, and obviously a little longer than the somewhat shortened version included in the AB deluxe set.

It's a Documentary, but it's not a film like Rattle and Hum IMO. From the Sky Down is a retrospective documentary aimed at a TV audience. Rattle and Hum was contemporary, and was intended to break another medium.

There is such thing as made-for- TV films. They make a lot of of them in Britain. Channel 5 always has a cheesy made-for-TV film on weekday afternoon's. I watched this documentary when it was broadcast on the BBC.

Back
Top Bottom