Foo Fighters drummer thinks SOI sounds like a fart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For me Foo Fighters are the most overrated band of the last decade together with Radiohead and Muse. That band based its success on screaming ape like vocals and dumb-agressive style of playing. For me they are annoying and boring. It´s all I can say about them. :lol:

First time I have agreed with you ever!

I would also add Nirvana to the list

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Muse is overrated by people who listen to KROQ and no one else. Their reviews are always decent at best. Radiohead I could see being called overrated, but I love them even though they haven't put out a great record since In Rainbows.

And U2 hasn't been cool since Passengers. Come on, U2 were an embarrassing dinosaur act when Discotheque was released and lame adult contemporary when ATYCLB sold 67887654345678 million. After that, forget it.

Last edited:
Henceforth they will be known as the Foo Farters. U2 Farters doesn't work as well.

Henceforth they will be known as the Foo Farters. U2 Farters doesn't work as well.

applaud.gif

Works for me!

I like Muse, U2 and FF :(

I can understand Muse, Radiohead, even Pearl Jam. But Foo Fighters and their popularity are a mystery to me. What is their trick, their magic? What am I missing about that band? Could someone who likes them explain?

Taste in music can't really be explained. You like something, or you don't. If you don't like something, you're probably not going to understand why someone else does.

The Foo Fighters started off great, they stayed great for a while, but recently I feel like they've been rewriting the same songs for a decade. Doesn't stop me from loving the older stuff, but I'm pretty much happy with their greatest hits.

Taste in music can't really be explained. You like something, or you don't. If you don't like something, you're probably not going to understand why someone else does.

The Foo Fighters started off great, they stayed great for a while, but recently I feel like they've been rewriting the same songs for a decade. Doesn't stop me from loving the older stuff, but I'm pretty much happy with their greatest hits.

agreed

:up:

I can understand Muse, Radiohead, even Pearl Jam. But Foo Fighters and their popularity are a mystery to me. What is their trick, their magic? What am I missing about that band? Could someone who likes them explain?

Lots of people have said this very thing to me about U2. They just DONT GET IT. I personally don't get the mass appeal of the foo fighters either, but my brother is obsessed and I've never really been able to figure it out. They're a good band and have some good songs, but I've never actively listened to them or bought an album , just casually enjoyed them while on the radio.

Of course, taste differs, but my point was, if someone could describe what is so great about Foo Figter´s music. Like putting it into the words. I know it is hard to describe music or emotions, but I could also say a few things why I think U2 are so unique band.

Spot on.

They seem to have gotten stale, music wise. Dave Grohl is a hell of a front man, though. He's charismatic enough to carry them through.

Of course, taste differs, but my point was, if someone could describe what is so great about Foo Figter´s music. Like putting it into the words. I know it is hard to describe music or emotions, but I could also say a few things why I think U2 are so unique band.

But that's my point, why do you want a bullet pointed list of why someone likes something? You're not going to change your mind, are you?

They write good hooks, they have some excellent riffs, and Grohl has been known to deliver quite the passionate vocal from time to time.

Maybe to let my eyes open.
Because all I can see now is a primitively agressive band, who produces generic rock, every song sounds the same, with frontman who is unbeliavably annoying, his voice is unrecognizable, so he screams to imitate energy in the songs. They try to radiate energy in a very forced way that it is boring after 20 seconds...

Maybe to let my eyes open.
Because all I can see now is a primitively agressive band, who produces generic rock, every song sounds the same, with frontman who is unbeliavably annoying, his voice is unrecognizable, so he screams to imitate energy in the songs. They try to radiate energy in a very forced way that it is boring after 20 seconds...

See, this is why I don't bother "explaining" why I like a band. It's pointless. Everytime someone asks for an explanation, all they really seem to want is an opportunity to throw in a few more digs at a band they already don't like.

Dave Grohl always came across to me as a smug egotistical fuck probably in the same vein as some people think of Bono. Don't care how many instruments he can play it's all a bore to me the foo fighters.

I'm not a fan of Foo Fighters, but your posts make me want to love their music just out of spite.

Their last album is great. And the HBO series that comes with it too... Listen to I Am The River, that's awesome!

Their last album is great. And the HBO series that comes with it too... Listen to I Am The River, that's awesome!

Ok, thanks, I will give it a try. I listened yesterday to Pretender and Best of You. Even if it was in annoying way, I must admit Pretender is a bit of a hit single.

I could see it being a bit so. Their music is theirs, of course. The 'tude I could do w/o, but in interviews Grohl seems okay. I like some of their songs, but couldn't get any of my older kids to go w/ me to see them. Since then, I find them too repetitive, but I Am A River is good for a Foo song. I like their Rattle & Hum rip off. I mean Sonic Highways idea. I don't have premium cable, but have seen a bit of it and I get its vibe. Good idea to update R&H and make it yours from a marketing perspective.

Haha, never stops surprising me these childish reactions :doh::lol:

"I dislike a band! They're primitively aggressive! (Foo Fighters out of all bands, seriously?) How can anybody else like it if I don't?! If they can't explain why they like it, there must be something afoot!"

And I'm being childish.

Back
Top Bottom