Foo Fighters drummer thinks SOI sounds like a fart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Been listening to Black Holes and Revelations and it was the biggest disappointment. Those guys are great with their instruments, but the record is a mess. I´haven´t heard such uncohessive record for a long time. I was surprised how many songs are quite weak given the fact how overhypedt it was. Unfortunately this band can never be great live because one reason. That reason is called Matt Bellamy.

Then forget about Black holes and Revelations (even though it's great) and listen to Origin of Symetry and/or Absolution and tell me if they are not cohessive albums....

ff75e4dd9078230f1f70d128cf02089e2ed42349960c42fb3158d5faf9acb6c1.jpg

Muse suck now. They make awful music these days and haven't made a listenable record since Black Holes. Everything since belongs in a black hole.

I'm disappointed that my thread gravitated towards Radiohead bashing. They aren't U2 haters!

I've only listened to three of their new songs, and of those I'd only want to listen to one again. I am in no hurry to hear the rest of the album, but I think the premise of their shows for HBO sounds cool. I don't have premium cable, so I haven't seen the shows to know for sure.

Muse overrated???? WTF!!!!

Muse is the best "new" rock band by far. Can't believe someone thinks like that. Musically they are 10 times better than U2, live they are killers as well.

If they had a frontman like Bono, they would rule the world like U2 did. Their music is just less "mainsteam" than U2, that's the only reason they won't reach U2's status.

I like MUSE, but the only time i have seen them live was when they opened the 360 Tour in Dallas @ Cowboys Stadium. I thought they were "OK" but certainly didn't live up to the HYPE

Here's the deal. This guy is an idiot. One of the many things that make U2 stand out above other bands is their ability to be extremely gracious to their fellow artists. They have collaborated with people from just about every genre and speak well of artists that range from Pop to rap to country to jazz.

Other artist that say these things about their peers are really sad. They just seem pathetic to me.

That said. I have always kinda liked the Foos well enough, but they hyped up this last album so much about getting outside their box and taking all these influences, etc... The result: very mediocre, and the same from them. I've heard three songs and none of them are very good.
And p.s. - Sonic Highways, the HBO thing, is a bit Rattle and Hum-esque. So suck it Tyler. U2 were doing this shit when you were in diapers.

Okay. I will weigh in on this. Realistically. Because I chimed in earlier, jokingly.

First, I had to google the name of Foo Fighter's drummer.. because I didn't know it. His name is Taylor Hawkins. Okay, with that name, why is he a drummer? Shouldn't he be a skateboarder? Why didn't he have an '80s action/adventure TV show? Better yet, shouldn't he have appeared on the 6th season of the crappy Fully House tv show as one of DJ Tanner's potential mating partners?

OHH-hhh. Okay, he was the touring drummer for Alanis Morissette's Jagged Little Pill tour... so there is a Full House connection after all! That crazy lady wrote a song about being heartbroken because Dave Coulier, one of the crappiest most horrible comedian and sitcom stars of all time broke up with her. Holy crap.

That's all I got really. Honestly I liked the first 2 Foo's albums. They were great. Despite the fact that Dave stole the cool guys from Sunny Day Real Estate (okay, the band broke up but still..) and made two great albums. But I hate being that GUY.. But honestly a lot of late era Foo stuff just sounded so much the same. Like they're the more modern and respected AC/DC. And GOD damn, if Dave Grohl isn't all over the place or a part of some super jam band going on somewhere and sometime all the time.

Uhh. I forgot what I was trying to say. Maybe something along the lines of "well, that's is just your opinion, man" in some sort of Big Lebowski way.

Lets show some empathy here, people. The poor guy is the second best drummer in his band.

Soundcloud.com/re2374

My hope now is that U2 release SOE by September 2015 so they can beat out the FF's for best rock album Grammy.

Bono can go up, fart in the microphone and say, I guess that's better than yours Tyler.

I'm sorry, that was lazy and immature. Kinda like the Foo's music. DAMN, sorry I did it again!!!

By deliberately alienating one fan at a time since 1998. If they really learned how to monetize movements, they'd have done the Pumpkins version of Beautiful Day in 2000 instead of making Machina. U2 clearly have Billy etc. beat on the business front.

Machina had a lot of catchy songs on it. They didn't release the best one as their first single, but the album is far more than its pretentious concept. And clearly a return to big guitar rock after Adore.

Muse suck now. They make awful music these days and haven't made a listenable record since Black Holes. Everything since belongs in a black hole.

I'm disappointed that my thread gravitated towards Radiohead bashing. They aren't U2 haters!

:up: They are still a great live band, but there are about three good songs they've put together since Black Holes. Damn that was a great album.

I just bought the new Foo Fighters album. It's OK but SOI is WAY better! If we are talking about farts, then let's not forget that he was once Alanis Morisette's drummer. I laugh that he thinks what he says has any relevance!:lol:

Wasnt there an interview with taylor hawkins a while ago and he was saying how much he loved u2 up until discotheque? He hated pop but up until pop he was a massive u2 fan

I read the "fart" thing along the lines that TH was saying that it didnt matter what the album sounded like because of everything else surrounding it.

That he listened to it once but everything else was over shadowing the music. Not that he thought the album was crap more along the lines of he went passed caring after all the fuss made about the release.

Back
Top Bottom