Favourite U2 pop song attempt ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would say that Beautiful Day is as pop as anything else on this thread.
So I would choose that.

EBTTRT has a little more testicle swing than the average pop song, so I wouldn't really put it in the same category as some of these others.

The Sweetest Thing-'98 is one of the worst things they've done.

Of U2Girl's list...Window in the Skies is beautiful outside of that hideous chorus, so a song with such a bad chorus couldn't qualify for me.

I'm one of the few people who doesn't think Wild Honey is all that bad.
It has a Lennon/McCartney bittersweet feel. It's not great but it's a nice B-side.

I have an odd relationship with OOTS, sometimes I dig it, other times I think it's saturated contrived crap.

Crazy Tonight is the best on U2Girl's list, IMO.
Really well done. (The bridge is cringeworthy, oh well...)

Not a big fan of the really poppy stuff in general.
I don't like SATS or Mysterious Ways that much either.

I do think With or Without You craps all over most of their pop songs, although it's not straight pop, Discotheque belongs in this conversation too. Also, Walk On and Vertigo and Sexy Fuckin' Boots.

My vote goes to Crazy Tonight. :up:

For that little joyful guitar solo thing alone.

My fav's: SATS (one of the rare moments that I liked a song as soon as I heard it), DYFL, Mofo, Gone and Discotheque.

But then I also like The Fly, When Love Comes To Town and SBS :lol:

Lennon and McCartney were not pop writers. Pop writers are Stock, Aitkin & Waterman. Pop songs appeared on pop. Nothing else by the band is pop. It's got nothing to do with commercial success. Last Unicorn is correcto.

Back
Top Bottom