Favourite music videos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A Celebration,
I love watching this for
the special effects at the start,
the Warden,
Larry's miming

I think my official favorite is Please, but my unofficial (strictly for the Bono eye candy) favorite is Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses.

Lemon is one of the all time best music videos in history. It has MacPhisto singing!
The Fly is right alongside Lemon.
Beautiful Day is great. There is just something about the way Bono acts in that video.
WTSHNN is really cool!
COBL. Neat that they took the footage from live from Chicago.
I Will Follow, for Bono's dancing.:lol:
TUF is also really neat. I've always liked that one.

I have some soft spot for the official "Pride" video because it seems so 'fresh' and pure (maybe because of the kids), and it's also kind-of the last time we see U2, in Dublin, walking around like normal young 80s dudes (before they became international rock gods). The early scenes of the Dublin docks seems a kind of throwback to the October sleeve and Gloria video. Adam looks so cool, and Larry looks 16. Bono's mullet also helps:

YouTube - U2 - Pride (In The Name Of Love)

I like "With or Without You", but maybe it's too simple. "All I Want is You" was certainly a classic.

"The Fly" was great for shock value at the time, but the actual photography / editing is maybe a bit MTV-early-90s. After "Pride", the next truly great one must be:

YouTube - U2 one

And then, of course the brilliant "Stay (Faraway so Close!)":

YouTube - U2 - Stay (Faraway and so close)

I've always thought the worst video (that I've seen) was "Beautiful Day". The concept, filming, ham-posing, and audio (with sounds of the planes ruining the song) are just awful. And Bono looked ridiculous.

All-time favorite video is "The Sweetest Thing". Just knowing what inspired it, seeing all the stuff Bono's doing for Ali in it, the whole thing makes me go, "Awwwww..." :cute:.

Other videos I like for concept-related reasons and which would make up the rest of my top 10 U2 video picks:
2. "Please"
3. The drag version of "One"
4. "Stay"
5. "Where The Streets Have No Name" (I love videos that show a band wandering around town or performing in a town or whatever with curious onlookers passing by. The people's reactions are fun to watch)
6. "Lemon"
7. "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me" (even if cartoon Bono does look a lot like Jack Nicholson in it)
8. "Discotheque" (it's just hilarious)
9. "Miss Sarajevo" (heartbreakingly lovely)
10. "Last Night On Earth" (I'm still trying to figure out what the fuck this video's about. It's so freakin' bizarre, and I like that)

For purely shallow reasons, I like the bar version of "One", "Desire", and "Night and Day" in particular. Um. Yeah :drool: :combust:.

Loved the fan videos, too. That one for "Exit"...yeowza. The "Saw the hands that build could also pull down the hands of love" bit and the end gave me friggin' chills. I liked that a lot, very intense and really good.

Angela

If God Will Send his Angels
Even Better Than the Real - Perfecto Mix on Achtung the Videos
Beautiful Day
Elevation - naturally!! :wink:
Electrical Storm
Streets
Still Havent Found
Magnificent
Stay
Pride
Last Night On Earth
Saints are Coming

I would love to see any full U2 video in reverse, just for the fun of it!

:D

I love Stay myself...............and yes the end fast cuts of Bono falling and getting up and running are just fantastic and he looks so :drool:

damn I miss that era! reminds me of the cold days in a troubled Belfast.

my favorites are probably stay, if God will send his angels, even better than the real thing, all because of you and window in the skies -version with the members of U2 in the crowd and other artists 'singing' the song. great video.

My favorite videos (no order):

Main favorite - Even Better Than The Real Thing
Vertigo
Stay
HMTMKMKM
Streets
One
Beautiful Day
Unforgettable Fire
GOYB
Sweetest Thing

Window in the skies both versions.
Sometimes you can't... because I love Bono's hoody ;d.
Walk on.
Red hill mining town :drool:. Bono in some kind of oil drives me crazy every time I watch this video!
Discotheque is funny and I like the moment when they dance *_____*
The unforgettable fire, because it's so mysterious. And because of Bono's hair.
Electrical storm. I started to love Larry when I saw the video. He looks amazing in it! :).

Back
Top Bottom