Favourite b-sides

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Earl-Of-IMDb

War Child
I have discovered many b- sides that this band have put out over the years..and found great ones.

Fortunate Son
Disappearing Act
Holy Joe
Everlasting Love (not sure if this one is a b-side)
Alex Descends to hell
Night and day
Levitate
Summer Rain
Heaven and hell

Can you post your favs and recommend some to me.

*cough* *points at sig*

NLOTH2.

And Electrical Storm(band mix), Lady With the Spinning Head(extended dance remix), The Three sunrises, Bass trap. Summer rain's nice too.

What's Heaven and Hell? Haven't heard of that one..

Night and Day wasn't a B-side. It was released on a proper album called Red Hot N Blue.
I think Everlasting love was a bside to AIWIY but I'm not sure.

What's Heaven and Hell? Haven't heard of that one.

It's one of the Achtung Baby outtakes (as found on the Salomé bootleg).

I think Everlasting love was a bside to AIWIY but I'm not sure.

Yes, it was. But in the Netherlands that song (Everlasting Love) also became an A-side when the DJ's started playing it a lot on the radio. In the end, the single recharted, but this time as Everlasting Love and it charted higher than AIWIY had originally done!

BTW, if we're really technical, then Disappearing Act and Levitate aren't B-sides either, since they never appeared on any single.

Some of my favourite B-sides have already been mentioned (Lady With The Spinning Head (Extended Dance Mix)), but there are still many more great songs that appeared as B-sides:

Salomé
Where Did It All Go Wrong
Slow Dancing (both the Bono & The Edge version as well as the full band version with Willie Nelson)
Two Shots Of Happy, One Shot Of Sad
Satellite Of Love
Luminous Times

Wow. I had never heard this before... I'm digging it a LOT! Thanks for linking!

3226158269_c81809ac7f.jpg

I love Levitate!:love: And fell in love with Summer Rain this summer. I got the Medium Rare and Remastered CD the very first day of summer and that song was the theme song of my summer. I can't wait till summer vacation so I can listen to it again. I like Lady With the Spinning Head also. Is Alex Decends/Korova 1 a b-side? If it is then that is among one of my favs. Disappearing Act is catchy too.

:hmm:
Spanish Eyes is probably my favorite. Then Walk to the Water, Boomerang II, and The Three Sunrises. I love all the TUF, JT, and RAH B-sides :drool:

Lady With the Spinning Head, Holy Joe, Silver and Gold, North and South of the River (especially the live versions of the latter two)

They're technically not b-sides, but She's Gonna Blow Your House Down and Heaven and Hell from the Salome outtakes are amazing.

My three favorites would be...

"Bass Trap"

"Walk To The Water"

"Flower Child"

Those are some of the best tracks I've ever heard, never mind just of the B-sides!

:drool:=

I'm Not Your Baby (Skyplitter Dub)
Things to Make and Do
Bottoms (Watashitachi No Ookina Yume) (Zoo Station Remix)
Endless Deep
Alex Descends Into Hell for a Bottle of Milk/ Korova 1
Slow Dancing (full band version with Willie Nelson)

Oh, forgot the greatest/most inexplicable b-side of all time: Love Comes Tumbling. :combust: It's better than half the album.

Back
Top Bottom