Favorite U2 (or U2-related) Instrumental tracks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
What are your favorite "Bonoless" tracks?

My votes go for Rowenas Theme and Theme from The Swan

also the Larry/Adam Mission Impossible Remake

others?

By Bonoless you mean instrumental? Because Obviously teh Edge has a few.

My favorite instrumental by U2 is hands down Bass Trap, closely followed by 60 Seconds.

But, yeah, Rowena's theme is my favorite.

Anything that qualifies from Captive, really. Lovely album.

Corpse is also pretty cool and not likely to be mentioned. Creepy as fuck.

There's just too many, Bass Trap, endless Deep, the captive soundtrack, theme from the swan, corpse, though my personal favourite is probably Theme From let's Go Native.

that's not an instrumental :huh:

But the OP talks about "Bonoless" tracks and then Corpse would count. As would Van Diemen's Land. :mac:

But if we're talking about instrumentals (even if Bono might be performing on them) then I'd say Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk/Korova 1 (though there are a few vocals on them, but more as an extra instrument) and Yoshino Blossom are great instrumental songs.

And oh, I quite dig Return Of The Stingray Guitar at the moment. :)

'Theme from the Swan' again from this corner, along with 'Theme from Let's Go Native'.

If remixes count, then the 'I'm Not Your Baby (Skysplitter Dub)' and Eno's 'Bottoms' Zoo Station remix are high on my list.

Alex Descends into hell for a bottle of milk

Certainly 'Bass Trap'. That's better than anything on NLOTH!

:lol: :huh: :| Who are you fooling?

Captive

I actually have this CD and haven't listened to it in a long time. I'll have to rectify that.

YouTube - The Edge talks about 'Captive' soundtrack

"The Strange Party" made me laugh.
-Drift and Rowena's Theme are enjoyable.

BT & ED, for sure.

And to throw out a 'non-U2-related' option, I :heart: the Peter Gunn theme. Either Henry Mancini's original or The Art of Noise's remake. :up:

"Beach Sequence" and "Bass Trap" are two of my favorites. I just really like Passengers in general, and I think I've been listening to the bonus disk of TUF more than the album itself. "Sixty Seconds in Kingdom Come" is another good one. :love:

I haven't heard the Captive soundtrack.

Bass Trap helps me sleep at night. I LOVE it! It's so beautiful and relaxing. I am also a big fan of the Passengers stuff as well. What's unique to me about Passengers, and I wonder if anyone else does this, is if you go out driving on an adventure while listening to it, it can become like a little movie or theme. I love doing that. And at Rachel D., I have been listening to Disc 2 of UF more as well.

There's instrumental versions of UTEOTW(Miami 2001) and PLEASE(MTV 1997) from soundchecks/rehearsals without Bono doing a vocal and they are quite a "sight" to behold. You realize just how much Edge drives the band and hearing all the little guitar things he adds into the mix.

Both are soundboard and circulating "out there".

Back
Top Bottom