Favorite U2 Album Cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

him

Babyface
I'm new to this board and surely hope I am welcome here! I am a younger U2 fan and love their music, but I also love their album covers!!! So I was just wondering what your favorites were! Here are my top 3 favorite album covers:

1. Zooropa
2. All That You Can't Leave Behind
3. Pop

I love the abstract feeling to Zooropa, the simplistic, spacial design of ATYCLB and Pop just has that loose, culture-y vibe to it, if that makes sense!

I guess I could agree with that :sexywink: That is very intense and it surely tells more of a story than any of my listed covers do! I'd have to put that as my 5th or 6th position. My least favorite cover is "October", but that's just me!

NLOTH
ATYCLB
Boy
Pop
Zooropa
TUF (that color... hypnotising)
R&H
AB
JT
War
HTDAAB
October

I guess...

Achtung Baby. Information overload, love it. I guess Zooropa goes second for me, and then Pop.

I agree... the 90s, I believe was their time of best album artwork... they surely brighten my iPod!!

Based on how the albums looked framed, I'd have to say my fave is tie between NLOTH/ATYCLB followed closely by War.

I'd have an easier time saying which one I like the least.

October. I realize it was only their 2nd album, but it looks like they spent a total of .01982374634987234 seconds putting that one together. :yuck:

AB by a mile. Love that grid patchwork, your eye just soaks up each frame simultaneously. Genius. Anton, you're a genius. But you know that.

I never really was a huge fan of Achtung Baby's... it has a lot to offer, and it isn't my least favorite, but it reminds me so much of Bon Jovi's Crush album, and I like that a lot better because it is slightly more relaxed and brighter/ more earthtones. That's just me. It still ranks in as my #4 though. I should probably just do the whole list!:hyper:

1. Zooropa
2. All That You Can't Leave Behind
3. Pop
4. Achtung Baby
5. No Line On The Horizon
6. War
7. Rattle And Hum
8. The Joshua Tree
9. How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
10. Boy
11. The Unforgettable Fire (too similar to the Joshua Tree... I ranked Joshua tree higher though because it fits the music better)
12. October

1. Zooropa
2. War

The rest all below it..

I've gotta say, I've always been so very underwhelmed by U2 album covers. One of the few negative things about U2 are their album covers. HTDAAB is one of the worst album covers of all time, for me.

Achtung Baby (I get lost in looking at this cover very very quickly and keep seeing new things in it...and totally had no idea about Adam for the longest time :giggle:)
Boy (Can't help it, Peter Rowen's adorable)
War
Joshua Tree
October (the hair)
Pop
Rattle & Hum
Zooropa (it's so colorful!)
The Unforgettable Fire
Live Under A Bloodred Sky (I'm counting it...and...it's too blurry!)
HTDAAB
NLOTH
ATYCLB (airports...no...)

and The Best of 1980-1990 would be somewhere before Zooropa, and The Best of 1990-2000 pretty much at the end...I have no idea why they chose that one...

I do wish they'd have a really, really awesome cover; a lot of them are kind of underwhelming.

I actually like the Best of 1990-2000 artwork. I took the artwork and copied it from iTunes into Seashore (it's on a Mac & is like MS Paint) and colored with grey over the "U2" and "Best of 1990-2000" title. Then I took a similar font and wrote "Passengers" where U2 was and "Original Soundtracks 1" where "Best of 1990-2000" was and made it my Passengers artwork.:lol: I can't find a good cover for the actual Passengers Soundtracks. I really do like it a lot! But some times I think it's the best of 1990-2000 when I come across it on my iPod.:lol:

Anyway... end story.

I actually like the Best of 1990-2000 artwork. I took the artwork and copied it from iTunes into Seashore (it's on a Mac & is like MS Paint) and colored with grey over the "U2" and "Best of 1990-2000" title. Then I took a similar font and wrote "Passengers" where U2 was and "Original Soundtracks 1" and made it my Passengers artwork.:lol: I can't find a good cover for the actual Passengers Soundtracks. I really do like it a lot! But some times I think it's the best of 1990-2000 when I come across it on my iPod.:lol:

Anyway... end story.

You are so odd :)

and I keep forgetting to look up that 'Passengers' aka U2 album...darnit...

:laugh: I do the weirdest things sometimes and I get a lot of ideas too. I was just lying down one night listening to my iPod when here comes one of my Passengers songs and it had no artwork. Me, well I am very anal about not having artwork with the songs on my iPod. Even if I have to create something in Seashore/MS Paint. So anyways I decide that a good idea would be to do something with TBO 1990-2000 art. So I did. I'm the weird kid in my school but I think we all have a weird side.:D I like to get creative a lot, so that's probably what drives me to do stuff like that. I hate boring and bland.

And yeah Passengers is a great CD.:up: To me one half is brilliant and the other is... well... so, so. But it's worth having, especially if you love ambient music.:love: Your Blue Room and Miss Sarajevo are brilliant. And the Theme from Let's Go Native is also really great, even if repetitive.

Hahaha :)

I did something like that once...there's this band a guy I like is in, and they had no album art because of course they didn't have an album, so I made one from a picture of him :giggle:

Is Passengers on iTunes? Or online somewhere?

I have a predilection toward album covers that don't actually feature the band themselves on the cover. Having the band on the cover doesn't automatically make it a bad cover...you can get creative with it, but on the whole I find it more stale than using an alternate image.

I don't know, I just think it's cooler to leave yourself off the cover.

Back
Top Bottom