Favorite U2 Album Cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a predilection toward album covers that don't actually feature the band themselves on the cover. Having the band on the cover doesn't automatically make it a bad cover...you can get creative with it, but on the whole I find it more stale than using an alternate image.

I don't know, I just think it's cooler to leave yourself off the cover.
I agree with this but Achtung Baby still is my favourite cover. That's probably because at first you don't even notice that the band is on it.
No Line On The Horzion comes second, then probably Zooropa.

Two extremely bad covers:
HTDAAB and October.

ATYCLB actually has an awesome cover and overall sleeve design. Suits the music very nicely and is easy on the eyes.

Achtung is an obvious one.

Achtung Baby, obviously,
You don't know how hard it is to make a collage that doesn't look boring.
And you can't go wrong with Corbijn.

Also War and and Boy are very good in the artistic kind of way.
They just capture you when you see the covers.

I like ATYCLB as well , but its not that special.

The Unforgettable Fire (though Anton basically copied someone else's photograph...ending up in a settlement).
Cover - The Unforgettable Fire | Album

Worse has to be HTDAAB. I wonder who had the brilliant idea of having mid 40 year old musicians sitting down in a relaxed poise that made them look like mid 40 year old musicians.:shifty:

In all fairness on HTDAAB and your comment about them looking like 40 year old musicians...

Edge totally looks like he's around 25.

Zooropa is my favorite cover, pretty creative. Shout out to Pop for that theme and ATYCLB cover really fits that album perfectly.

You must be the only person who likes the October cover. It's horrible.

The Unforgettable Fire (though Anton basically copied someone else's photograph...ending up in a settlement).
Cover - The Unforgettable Fire | Album

Worse has to be HTDAAB. I wonder who had the brilliant idea of having mid 40 year old musicians sitting down in a relaxed poise that made them look like mid 40 year old musicians.:shifty:

Wow they actually had to pay a settlement for that? Although I suppose they just may have not wanted to fight it. But I think that was really pushing it as a copyright claim. They don't look similar to me at all artistically.

Anyway,

Achtung Baby
Pop
Rattle and Hum
Zooropa
ATYCLB
The Joshua Tree
NLOTH
WAIA and WAIE as a set. Seperately I wouldn't put them so high but I like what they did with a second in tribute to the first.
HTDAAB
War
TUF
October
Boy

:hmm: I could probably also change my mind on this too. I made this list quickly on first impressions. I think the top few are pretty accurate, after that it's kind of fuzzy.

I like the Zooropa, War, and Rattle And Hum covers. The last is especially nice-looking. But the first is so psychedelic! And War just jumps out at you.

Back
Top Bottom