Favorite/Least Favorite Album Covers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrPryck2U

ONE love, blood, life
Ok, what's your favorite and least favorite U2 album cover? Yes, you can include U2 related projects such as OS1 or MDH if you wish.

Favorite- Achtung Baby

Least Favorite- Bomb

Favorite Honorable Mention- Joshua Tree

Least Favorite Dishonorable Mention- October

Favorite- Achtung Baby
Least Favorite- October

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Favorite: All That You Can't Leave Behind or Zooropa
Least Favorite: Songs of Innocence

Favorites: Achtung Baby, Joshua Tree, Rattle and Hum
Worst: October, SOI

Shoutout to No Line on the Horizon, too.

Tier 1 (great): The Unforgettable Fire, The Joshua Tree, Rattle & Hum, Achtung Baby, Zooropa, Original Soundtracks 1, Pop, All That You Can't Leave Behind, No Line On the Horizon

Tier 2 (good): Boy, War

Tier 3 (bad): October

Tier 4 (abysmal): How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb

Tier ? (I think it's good but I'm not 100% sure): Songs of Innocence

Best:

u2-joshua-tree-remaster.jpg

Worst:

05c49f81663fc6c21f5d2b6eb0679e7837c496da.jpg

The thing about October is the hilarity of the hairstyles. Bomb isn't very creative, but Adam and Larry look cool at least.

Favorite - Zooropa

Least favorite - October, sorry. wanted to go for SOI but hm, i kinda liked it for different reasons. Sure bomb one was bad as well

Favourite - Achtung Baby

Least- Songs of Innocence.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Anyone who isn't saying HTDAAB for worst needs to go and have good fucking hard long look at themselves. That is one of the worst album covers in history. It is so so so bad.

I fail to see what's so horrible about October. Everyone had bad haircuts in the 80s. The docks look kinda cool. And they're all much moodier on the cover of JT.

SoI I don't even think about, but it is quite bad because it is promoting paedophilia and homomania, which is something I am against.

Achtung is clearly the best although I am very fond of The Unforgettable Fire. I think the font is a bit amateur but it's a very warm, inviting, atmospheric cover.

600.jpg

I mean fucking come on. Look at this shit.

Edge looks like a 15-year-old lad who has just discovered Dizzee Rascal for the first time. The most unnatural pose I've ever seen. Adam looks uptight, kudos for beating Heston to those glasses I guess, but he sure as shit doesn't look cool. Bono comes out of it surprisingly okay I guess but he looks bored as hell and has a terrible haircut. Larry is Larry. Did they make this in fucking paint? One photo on a black square with some random diagonal red lines and a text box over it. Who greenlit this shit?

I mean fucking come on. Look at this shit.

Edge looks like a 15-year-old lad who has just discovered Dizzee Rascal for the first time. The most unnatural pose I've ever seen. Adam looks uptight, kudos for beating Heston to those glasses I guess, but he sure as shit doesn't look cool. Bono comes out of it surprisingly okay I guess but he looks bored as hell and has a terrible haircut. Larry is Larry. Did they make this in fucking paint? One photo on a black square with some random diagonal red lines and a text box over it. Who greenlit this shit?

Edge is sitting in the same style as I did in high school when I wanted to look cool...

The photo gets a lot of shit, but HTDAAB's font is absolutely terrible as well. The 2 in U2 looks like it's from a different font family altogether, and noticeably smaller than everything around it, like it's ashamed to be part of this trainwreck. The slashes and diagonal lines are there to make the album seem faster, I'm guessing.

Technically I guess War is the best, such a striking yet simple message, absolutely brilliant.

My favourites though are Achtung Baby and The Unforgettable Fire, honourable mention to the Joshua Tree too.

The worst cover is easy, Bomb.

Where U2 have really fallen down in recent years is the quality of the cd booklets, the 90s ones were so full of interesting designs and photos that I can still remember each page now of AB and Zooropa from memory. The 2000s ones have just got steadily worse, ATYCLB was ok but since then...

The picture on the back cover of The Bomb is actually quite good. It could have been a solid album cover. Too bad they decided to have... that.

Achtung Baby is my favourite one.

Someone once explained the cover of Bomb as a bunch of pedophiles waiting to strike.... that thought never really left my head, so whenever I see the album cover.. yea... bad connotation.

Someone once explained the cover of Bomb as a bunch of pedophiles waiting to strike.... that thought never really left my head, so whenever I see the album cover.. yea... bad connotation.

Whoever that "someone" was you should stay away from them and remain scared. :reject: Just the fact that they would have that thought rattling around their brain is deeply concerning.

And cobbler, your thoughts about the SOI cover are quite disturbing too. You are aware that's Larry's son and he was 18, right? Right? Granted, not the best choice for an album cover, but where the fuck is your mind? Good gravy! :doh:

And cobbler, your thoughts about the SOI cover are quite disturbing too. You are aware that's Larry's son and he was 18, right? Right? Granted, not the best choice for an album cover, but where the fuck is your mind? Good gravy! :doh:

He is fucking joking. Christ.

Whoever that "someone" was you should stay away from them and remain scared. :reject: Just the fact that they would have that thought rattling around their brain is deeply concerning.

I think it's really funny :shrug: I hope it was me who came up with it.

As for your other comment :lmao:

There were members on this forum who quite seriously admonished the cover for the reasons that I mentioned. I'd say that's far more fucked up than my little joke.

There were members on this forum who quite seriously admonished the cover for the reasons that I mentioned. I'd say that's far more fucked up than my little joke.

You are correct. But, I've just never seen pedophilia as a vast resource of comedy, so I've just never viewed the "jokes" as funny. If you're gonna make a joke or attempt to be funny, at least put the obligatory :wink: next to it so we won't be too disturbed by it.

I think it's really funny :shrug: I hope it was me who came up with it.

As for your other comment :lmao:

I didn't come up with it, but I certainly quoted it. If it had been me who thought of it, I'd have been very impressed with myself.

Back
Top Bottom