Favorite Bootlegs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheEdge25

Refugee
List what your favorite bootlegs that you have are! Here are mine:

Vertigo Tour 2006 - Live from Honolulu
Last show of the tour and it is absolutely a fantastic show. I have a great copy of it, if anyone wants it, PM me

1 - City of Blinding Lights
2 - Vertigo
3 - Elevation
4 - I Will Follow
5 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
6 - Beautiful Day
7 - Angel of Harlem
8 - Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses?
9 - The First Time :drool:
10 - Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
11 - Love and Peace or Else
12 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
13 - Bullet the Blue Sky
14 - Miss Sarajevo :drool:
15 - Pride (In The Name of Love)
16 - Where The Streets Have No Name
17 - Instant Karma (snippet)/One
18 - The Fly
19 - Mysterious Ways
20 - With or Without You
21 - Window In The Skies
22 - The Saint's Are Coming
23 - Keep On Rocking In The Free World
24 - All I Want Is You :drool:

Elevation Tour: Live in Sunrise Florida
1 - Elevation
2 - Beautiful Day
3 - Until The End of The World
4 - Discotheque :drool:
5 - Staring At The Sun
6 - Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
7 - New York
8 - New Year's Day
9 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
10 - Sweetest Thing :drool:
11 - In A Little While
12 - Angel of Harlem
13 - Bad
14 - Where the Streets Have No Name
15 - Mysterious Ways
16 - The Fly
17 - Bullet The Blue Sky
18 - With or Without You
19 - One
20 - Unchained Melody
21 - Walk On

Vertigo Tour: Saitama, Japan 12/04/06
This is a Bono IEM and it is fantastic quality - I love this show
1 - City of Blinding Lights
2 - Vertigo
3 - Elevation
4 - Out of Control
5 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
6 - Beautiful Day
7 - Angel of Harlem
8 - The First Time :drool:
9 - Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
10 - Bad/Ruby Tuesday (snippet)
11 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
12 - Bullet The Blue Sky
13 - Miss Sarajevo
14 - Pride (In The Name of Love)
15 - Where The Streets Have No Name
16 - One
17 - The Fly
18 - Mysterious Ways
19 - With or Without You
20 - The Saints Are Coming
21 - Window In The Skies
22 - Vertigo :drool: this is a fantastic version of the song - one of my favorites

360 Tour: Live from Munich, Germany
1 - Return of the Stingray Guitar
2 - Beautiful Day
3 - I Will Follow
4 - Get On Your Boots
5 - Magnificent
6 - Mysterious Ways/My Sweet Lord (snippet) :drool:
7 - Elevation
8 - Until The End of the World
9 - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
10 - North Star - this is the time when the audience singed along and surprised Bono a lot!
11 - Mercy :hyper:
12 - In A Little While
13 - Miss Sarajevo
14 - City of Blinding Lights
15 - Vertigo
16 - Crazy Tonight (remix)
17 - Sunday Bloody Sunday
18 - Mothers of the Disappeared :drool:
19 - Walk On
20 - One
21 - Amazing Grace (snippet)/Streets/All You Need Is Love (snippet)
22 - Ultraviolet (Light My Way) :drool:
23 - With or Without You - one of the better sung versions of the tour
24 - Moment of Surrender

So those are some of mine!!! What are yours?

I'm not going to list the setlist, for the sake of saving our scrolling fingers, but my hands-down all-time favorite bootleg is the soundboard (broadcast? there's crowd noise, so it must be the radio broadcast) of Dublin August 28 1993.

First bootleg I ever bought (you know, back in the olden days when stuff wasn't freely available unless you were hooked into the trading circles). Totally expensive, and totally worth every penny.

Awesome sound, awesome performances, awesome all around. :up:

Is that the show with the "FUCK YOU AMERICA! FUCK YOU EUROPE!" bit in Bullet, Bono raging after the Sarajevo link-up?

Chills.

God, I loved the Zoo shows.

Fuck yes, it is. I still remember hearing that for the first time and being completely taken aback by this incredibly pissed off Bono. It's a rare sight these days. I don't know if that night was especially intense, but it rivals FUCK THE REVOLUTION.

Oh yeah, i forgot to mention that Wembley show in my list, but that is definitely on mine. That's such a powerful show. Love Ultraviolet :drool: and Zooropa, even though its just a small bit of it, at least they acknowledged it :D

All four of the Dublin Lovetown bootlegs kill, but the shows on 26 and 30 December 1989 are the best. 10 January 1990, Rotterdam stands well alongside the Point Depot gigs; great quality audience boot. 18 November 1989, Sydney is another good audience recording capturing a really passionate performance (the "bomb threat" show, where the venue had to be evacuated before the gig because of a bomb threat that proved to be phony). This is the show from which the Lovetown documentary special was made - wish the soundboard of the whole gig would leak. The existing audience boot is good, but oh man, in soundboard quality the show would be even more amazing to hear.

From earlier in the band's career, shows like 15 May 1981, San Francisco; 13 December 1981, Lido Beach; 6 December 1982, London; and 6 May 1983, Boston all have great performances with good sound.

Been so long since I've listened to bootlegs that I'm forgetting many of my favourites though.

Is that the show with the "FUCK YOU AMERICA! FUCK YOU EUROPE!" bit in Bullet, Bono raging after the Sarajevo link-up?

Chills.

God, I loved the Zoo shows.

The best of the FUCK Bullet performances was 08-12, in my opinion. Text of the rant:

"One hundred! Two hundred! Three hundred! Four fucking hundred! I can see those fighter planes. I can see those fighter planes! Cross the mud huts where the children sleep, through the alleys of a quiet city street, you take the staircase to the first floor, turn the key on El Salvador, a man breathes into a saxophone, and through the wall we hear the city groan. A man breathes into his saxophone! Saxophone! Saxophone! Hey, saxophone! Hey, saxophone! Outside it's America! Outside it's America! America, where the fuck are you? United Kingdom, fuck you! Fuck you, Germany! Fuck you, France! Zoonited Nations! Zoonited Nations! Zoonited Nations! We run! We run into the arms of America."

Epicly pissed.

I'm not going to list the setlist, for the sake of saving our scrolling fingers, but my hands-down all-time favorite bootleg is the soundboard (broadcast? there's crowd noise, so it must be the radio broadcast) of Dublin August 28 1993.

Awesome sound, awesome performances, awesome all around. :up:

This.

As well as the London shows from Zoo TV. PopMart in Israel and Sarajevo are brilliant also.

Dublin Lovetown (the third night in particular), Dublin Zoo TV, Sarajevo Popmart.

The best, and the Zoo TV one is my favourite.

Lovetown Xmas at the depot
ZooTV Wembley, Dublin
PopMart Santiago, Sarajevo
360 Milan
360 Zurich

the [Dublin] shows on 26 and 30 December 1989 are the best.

I would agree with this -- the Dec. 26th 1989 show is a particularly great one, methinks.

The two Denver shows in November 1987 are pretty awesome. Isn't it the second one that's featured with several songs on Rattle & Hum?; but the other one is amazing too. A bit rough, but amazing, and of course professional sound-quality.

I like the very first ZooTV show from Lakeland, Florida. They're surprisingly tight musically, but also loose and having fun.

Somebody on this site recommended the 1997 Pop show from Leeds, UK, and I agree that it is very good. Bono's voice is great at that one, which can't be said of every Pop-era show.

As someone said above, the final show in Saitama Japan in 2006 was incredible.

At the end of the day, though, the greatest U2 performances will always be in the 1980s. My list here is missing many of the great ones from the 1984-85 tour, which was all kinds of awesome.

All four of the Dublin Lovetown bootlegs kill, but the shows on 26 and 30 December 1989 are the best. 10 January 1990, Rotterdam stands well alongside the Point Depot gigs; great quality audience boot. 18 November 1989, Sydney is another good audience recording capturing a really passionate performance (the "bomb threat" show, where the venue had to be evacuated before the gig because of a bomb threat that proved to be phony). This is the show from which the Lovetown documentary special was made - wish the soundboard of the whole gig would leak. The existing audience boot is good, but oh man, in soundboard quality the show would be even more amazing to hear.

From earlier in the band's career, shows like 15 May 1981, San Francisco; 13 December 1981, Lido Beach; 6 December 1982, London; and 6 May 1983, Boston all have great performances with good sound.

Been so long since I've listened to bootlegs that I'm forgetting many of my favourites though.

that Sydney one....don't they open with Hawkmoon? i didn't know that there was even a decent audience recording floating around! :ohmy:

my favorites in no particular order:

- Popmart Leeds
- Dublin '93
- 2nd Night in Miami 2001
- Vertigo Chicago 9-21-2001 (i was there, what an amazing show this was)
- Rock's Hottest Ticket (Chicago '87)
- Four At Four (Chicago '85)
- New Year's Night In Dublin (12-31-89)
- The Complete Boston Tapes (War Tour)
- 360 Sheffield Broadcast

- Popmart Leeds

Yes. This show kills. Bono's infamous Harrison remark was during this show, framing a brilliant, lively performance of Even Better Than The Real Thing. The entire show seems a step faster and more intense than much of the surrounding tour, actually.

Back
Top Bottom