Favorite B-side/non album song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a strong preference for Wave of Sorrow on the Joshua Tree deluxe. Lovely haunting piano and evocative painful lyrics.

I understand the lyric was incomplete hence the modern vocals by Bono but I don't see why they couldn't have have included songs of that quality and released it on one of their more recent albums instead of including it as an easter egg on the 20th anniversary deluxe release. You look at Radiohead releasing True Love Waits on their latest album, a song that had been bandied about for a couple of decades before it finally found it's way on record. No shame in plucking out the old demos/recordings and adding the finishing touches to some old tracks but they seem adamant on creating brand spanking new music on their albums of late.

Something from TUF/TJT era. It's an embarrassment of riches as far as B-sides go. Put together the best of them and you have a record better than 75% of the rest of U2's regular catalogue.

Many from the 80's, but really love the Baby Version of Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses.

Does Invisible count?

Also, Mecry (obviously), Luminous Times, Treasure (Whatever Happened to Pete the Chop), A Celebration.

I don't think Passengers qualifies, but I'd name a few if it did.

Mercy, Mercy, Mercy, Mercy........ U2's biggest ever mistake is not to include this gem in any album.

1. HMTMKMKM
2. A Celebration
3. Slow Dancing
4. Your Blue Room
5. Lady with the Spinning Head

5-way toss-up between Heaven and Hell, Can't Help Falling In Love (Triple Peaks remix), Your Blue Room, I'm Not Your Baby, and The Crystal Ballroom

EDIT: shucks... totally forgot about baby WGRYWH :0

Last edited:
I'm such a sucker for Disappearing Act. Love that song

Yeah, me too, plus Oh Berlin. I couldn't afford the Achtung Baby super deluxe version when it came out and have since then been unavle to get a copy of Oh Berlin anywhere,, it's not even on Youtube, it is on some random Vimeo site but I'd love to have a proper copy of it.

Other than those, I agree with Nick66 when he said you could gather 11 b-sides from 84-87 and compile enough gems to make an album that would easily be one of U2's top 5 albums.

Off the top of my head, these would be my favourites.

A Celebration
Treasure
Three Sunrises
Walk To The Water
Deep In The Heart
Lady With The Spinning Head
Your Blue Room
Slug
Theme From Lets Go Native
Holy Joe

Yeah, me too, plus Oh Berlin. I couldn't afford the Achtung Baby super deluxe version when it came out and have since then been unavle to get a copy of Oh Berlin anywhere,, it's not even on Youtube, it is on some random Vimeo site but I'd love to have a proper copy of it.

Oh Berlin is one of those songs that, when I want to listen to it, I want to listen to it 20 times in a row. And unless I keep replaying it on vimeo, or spend big $ on the super deluxe box set, I can't.

Question: does anyone know of any way to purchase Disappearing Act and Oh Berlin, ensuring royalties go to U2, without having to buy the massive box sets?

I use Google Play Music for streaming, but those two songs aren't on it....

1. Ground Beneath Her Feet
1. Luminous Times
2. Slug
3. Holy Joe
4. Two Shots of Happy
5. Flower Child

Back
Top Bottom