Excellent story on NBC Nightly News

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh wow, thank you for posting this. Thats almost tough to watch, very sweet and awesome at the same time. I feel for those people, what they went through. Glad they can party some now that its mostly behind them. "Music can thaw the hardest of hearts", or whatever he said, thats pretty fucking cool. Good job boys. Cant wait to see you here in OCTOBER 8>

Chills. Awesome story.

Also, hilarious quote from Bono about Edge's birthday, which he says totally deadpan. "Edge's birthday started in Poland, and then burned through several small towns in France..." :lol:

:up:

i just saw the clip at the end of the news, thanks for posting the link because i had absolutely no idea where the appropriate place was to put it.

i searched NBC to see if someone beat me to it and you did.

-dan

You know, a lot of people who hate the band & Bono in particular use stories like this as their launch pad to point out how pompous & arrogant, etc. etc. the band are - to suggest they can change people's hearts with their music.

Which is, ironically, the exact launch pad so many of us who love the band use to point out how much their music means to us - that it changed our hearts or made us think differently (made us think at all!) about something beyond our own little world.

Same launch pad, such different landings. I truly feel bad for the ones that don't get it - we're one, but we're not the same. :heart:

Thanks for posting the link, Laura... BTW, will you be in Charlottesville? I'd love to meet you in person! :cool:

I wasn't even planning on watching the news tonight, but saw a teaser for "blah blah blah U2" and was all ".... huzzah what now?"

So I watched the news.

That was Alma!

I love Bill Carter's book about Sarajevo and U2. (Fools Rush In) Alma was a major part of it for me. Thank you so much for posting this link. I'm crying now. U2 is amazing!

Birdlover

I watched this last night online and it is a great story. My heart truly goes out for Alma and what she had to deal with during the war.

I was so surprised while watching NBC news last night to see this story!! I cried.

This is why the world NEEDS U2. :heart:

:applaud: I missed Brian Williams last night. He is on vacation. Maybe stalking Bono somewhere. We all know he has a man crush on him!! :lol: JK!! :)

You know, a lot of people who hate the band & Bono in particular use stories like this as their launch pad to point out how pompous & arrogant, etc. etc. the band are - to suggest they can change people's hearts with their music.

Which is, ironically, the exact launch pad so many of us who love the band use to point out how much their music means to us - that it changed our hearts or made us think differently (made us think at all!) about something beyond our own little world.

Same launch pad, such different landings. I truly feel bad for the ones that don't get it - we're one, but we're not the same. :heart:

excellent point :up:

beautiful news story, how very touching

Great piece. It really reminds you of the real reason this band has become so huge all over the world. This almost belongs in the 'fuck you' thread as something to toss in the face of those U2 detractors out there.

Back
Top Bottom