Even Better Than the Real Thing: Achtung Baby's Most Unrated Track?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^Really now...I heard it on CNN last year for some report...random

I have never once heard Real Thing in any media campaign... maybe it has something to do with where I live? It's played about once every two months on one radio station here in Austin, and that's probably the only station in the state that plays it at all.

Regardless, I love the song.

It was a single, it adds to the rocking opening and change of traditional U2 sound. I :heart: it along with the entire album... but to me, "So Cruel" is the most under-rated track (Acrobat's the best, but that gets love here).

I have never once heard Real Thing in any media campaign... maybe it has something to do with where I live? It's played about once every two months on one radio station here in Austin, and that's probably the only station in the state that plays it at all.

In Adelaide, the cover of Everlasting Love is by far one of the most played U2 songs on the radio, so I doubt using EBTTRT in Today Tonight reports about loud neighbours that drive tractors into verandas is the norm.

I connot stand it when they use songs in media/advertising/sports venues, just because someone has misunderstood its meaning, usually based off a literal interpretation of the title.

as if EBBTRT can ever be about [insert crappy product/sports team] :doh:
or Elevation about how high an athlete can jump
or Sexy Boots about football attire (it gets used on Dutch TV for Champions' League highlights :angry:)

In Adelaide, the cover of Everlasting Love is by far one of the most played U2 songs on the radio, so I doubt using EBTTRT in Today Tonight reports about loud neighbours that drive tractors into verandas is the norm.
Yeah. Like, seriously, what the fuck. A few years ago I thought Everlasting Love was a U2 original. They play it all the freaking time.

Yeah. Like, seriously, what the fuck. A few years ago I thought Everlasting Love was a U2 original. They play it all the freaking time.

Yeah, if they're playing a U2 song here you can usually guess its going to be from around RAH/Lovetown, they really don't play a hell of a lot from other eras other than fairly obvious ones like SBS, Pride, MW and BD. Seriously, I must have heard it about 100 times before realising it was U2 doing the cover.

:yes: Everlasting Love gets played heaps here, too.
I connot stand it when they use songs in media/advertising/sports venues, just because someone has misunderstood its meaning, usually based off a literal interpretation of the title.

as if EBBTRT can ever be about [insert crappy product/sports team] :doh:
or Elevation about how high an athlete can jump
or Sexy Boots about football attire (it gets used on Dutch TV for Champions' League highlights :angry:)
Born in the USA trumps all of those

U2Barcelona site (U2 Barcelona - Links) has the following rehearsal set list for today:

Breathe
No Line On The Horizon
Get On Your Boots
Magnificent
Beautiful Day
I still have't found what I'm looking for
Drowning Man
Bad
In a little while
Angel of Harlem
Bono's speech
Unknown Caller
Unforgettable Fire
Even better than the real thing (Perfecto mix with full band playing)
City of Blinding lights
Pride
MLK (during Desmon Tutu speech)
Where the streets have no name
Ultraviolet
With or without you
Walk on
Vertigo
Crazy Tonight
Moment of Surrender

:applaud: MOS is the perfect gig closer.:applaud:
^My God..."Is this real life?"