ESPN FIFA World Cup 2010 spot - Magnificent (with Bono narrating)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono could recite that over the intro in concerts and it'd still be awesome. and I don't like soccer either.

We had the baseball game on on Sunday night and that ad came and I was like, Bono!

In a word, this is SPECTACULAR!

Awesome matching of the graphics and narration to each part of the song- the moodier, searching intro during the depiction of the chaos of the world, then the talk of the World Cup and the explosion of the stadium lights as the uplifting main riff to Magnificent starts!

This is one of the most well done commercials I have seen in a very long time for anything, and it caught my attention immediately in the pizza place this afternoon! This was in contrast to the last World cup commercials featuring COBL and the Crazy Tonight blackberry commercials, which were good but nothing special.

This on the other hand................

Another ad with U2's music, are there more than 2 U2 World cup commercials ?

YouTube - Apartheid and FIFA World Cup on ESPN. Distasteful Ad?

edit two more, and there's also one commercial with COBL in it according to some U2 fan forums:

- Robben Island communicates the historic nature and importance of the FIFA World Cup in South Africa, through the prism of soccer. This spot was filmed on location at Robben Island off the coast of Cape Town, South Africa. It is the site where eventual South African President Nelson Mandela was imprisoned for decades, alongside other political prisoners, during the country’s apartheid era. (Set to U2’s “Where the Streets Have No Name” with Soweto Gospel Choir).

• UNITED conveys the passion for the FIFA World Cup that unites disparate cultures (set to U2’s “Magnificent”).

• The Power of 10 celebrates the honor and burden that comes with wearing the most sacred jersey number in soccer (set to U2’s “Out of Control”).

• Passion captures the excitement that the FIFA World Cup invokes—highlighting the documented “baby boom” that occurred nine months after Germany hosted the 2006 event (set to U2’s “Desire”).

* These additional spots will roll out from now throughout the days leading up to the first kick. To learn more about the campaign visit espnmediazone.com.

Another ad with U2's music, are there more than 2 U2 World cup commercials ?

YouTube - Apartheid and FIFA World Cup on ESPN. Distasteful Ad?

edit two more, and there's also one commercial with COBL in it according to some U2 fan forums:

- Robben Island communicates the historic nature and importance of the FIFA World Cup in South Africa, through the prism of soccer. This spot was filmed on location at Robben Island off the coast of Cape Town, South Africa. It is the site where eventual South African President Nelson Mandela was imprisoned for decades, alongside other political prisoners, during the country’s apartheid era. (Set to U2’s “Where the Streets Have No Name” with Soweto Gospel Choir).

• UNITED conveys the passion for the FIFA World Cup that unites disparate cultures (set to U2’s “Magnificent”).

• The Power of 10 celebrates the honor and burden that comes with wearing the most sacred jersey number in soccer (set to U2’s “Out of Control”).

• Passion captures the excitement that the FIFA World Cup invokes—highlighting the documented “baby boom” that occurred nine months after Germany hosted the 2006 event (set to U2’s “Desire”).

* These additional spots will roll out from now throughout the days leading up to the first kick. To learn more about the campaign visit espnmediazone.com.

I posted the info about the 5 ads back on 4/14 on another part of the forum :hmm: I just went back to see my post and it also said:

Footage from the U2 360 concert in Pasadena last year will also be used in "every program throughout ESPN's presentation of the 2010 FIFA World Cup including soccer highlights, match and studio coverage."

:hyper: We are SO gonna win this year!

And I did get shivers from this. God I cannot WAIT for july!
no hope

nzsoccerlogo_sm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom