ENTIRE U2 CATALOG appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allbecauseofu2

Refugee
i think the bad vibes on this board are getting too high. i think we need a breather. i think we need to take a step back. lets feel the good times. lol. lets remember why we like this band. only positive posts. what you love about the albums. i like that Joshua tree album. that was a good job. they got some great songs titles. with alot of vowels and non vowels.

I thought this was a Radiohead and Coldplay forum. Why all the talk of U2? :huh:

I agree... U2 is an excellent EP!

u2negativlandalbum.jpg

Apart from the Boctobar era, which is great but not AMAZINGLY GREAT AND FREAKIN AWESOME as the rest of their stuff I think their catalogue is the only that comes near perfection with almost no weak songs.

they should release all 12 albums, (studio tracks from RAH) as just one super album. and then we can "discuss" about what track should open and close it. lol. friendy, spirited discussion.

Like the Edge said, "if you don't like U2, then you're just not trying hard enough"....or something like that. what's not to like? I don't get it.....they are a band for the people!

they should release all 12 albums, (studio tracks from RAH) as just one super album. and then we can "discuss" about what track should open and close it. lol. friendy, spirited discussion.

I think it should start with I Will Follow and end with Cedars of Lebanon...:wink:

I once listened to 7 U2 albums in one day...Boy-Achtung Baby...I'll have to try doing them all sometime :D

i enjoy U2's entire catalog as well. and how lucky are we to have gotten 7 albums from this band in the 00's:

Parachutes
All That You Can't Leave Behind
A Rush Of Blood To The Head
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
X & Y
Viva La Vida
No Line On The Horizon

and not to mention all the great stuff from the 80's and 90's! :drool:

i enjoy U2's entire catalog as well. and how lucky are we to have gotten 7 albums from this band in the 00's:

Parachutes
All That You Can't Leave Behind
A Rush Of Blood To The Head
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
X & Y
Viva La Vida
No Line On The Horizon

and not to mention all the great stuff from the 80's and 90's! :drool:
:up:

I once listened to 7 U2 albums in one day...Boy-Achtung Baby

I had a very long bus journey in Indonesia last summer and listened to every album from Boy to Rattle and Hum on the way there, and from Achtung Baby to HTDAAB on the way back. The time just whizzed by!

I had a very long bus journey in Indonesia last summer and listened to every album from Boy to Rattle and Hum on the way there, and from Achtung Baby to HTDAAB on the way back. The time just whizzed by!

sweet, to prepare for a new upcoming cd, i would play boy => current cd (what ever that was at the time), then current backwards. it was lovely
i didn't do that this time around, i better go back and make up for lost time....

even my least favourite U2 album would still score 7+ out of 10

the only band I know where the whole is truly greater than the parts

Well U2 doesn't come close to The Beatles, but by now U2 certainly is my 2nd favorite band.

I became a fan when they were in the news all the time during the Vertigo tour, unfortunately that was too late to still get tickets, plus we were going on holiday anyway the day they were playing in holland, and i wasn't a huge fan yet.

Sunday Bloody Sunday was probably my favorite song ever when i just discovered them. Then i saw the Boston concert, and i thought it was pretty amazing. But then, then i saw the Slane Castle concert on DVD, but it was that tv special, with only a couple of songs. I got the dvd as fast as i could, what a concert, what a live band...

By now i have all albums, and most live dvd's, including Red Rocks. In the beginning i liked Pop, but now i'm not a huge fan of it, probably their weakest work to be honest, Last night on earth would be my favorite song, and Mofo live is amazing. However i think Pop is their least darkest album, it makes me think of a sunny landscape.

I personally think TJT is their best album, and i really love the B sides as well. Now i also discovered the song Zooropa, i never actually listened to that song, but wow, what a song.

i just ripped my u2 albums onto my comp. all 12 albums, and various singles, eps. its great going between diffrent eras and albums.

Pop their least dark? I don't know, of course everyone interprets differently which is great, but those songs contain a lot of darkness. Especially compared to their earliest and latest albums.

Anyways :up: :drool: to the entire U2 catalog.

i think the bad vibes on this board are getting too high. i think we need a breather. i think we need to take a step back. lets feel the good times. lol. lets remember why we like this band. only positive posts. what you love about the albums. i like that Joshua tree album. that was a good job. they got some great songs titles. with alot of vowels and non vowels.

Not here enough to know what the bad vibes are, but I think one would be hard pressed to find a rock band whose members were pushing 50 (I'm guessing here), having as strong an effort as NLOTH.

I can't think of any.

So cheers to whatever is keeping them inspired :applaud:

U2 are my most favouritest band ever, no one will ever top them on my list. :up:

even my least favourite U2 album would still score 7+ out of 10

the only band I know where the whole is truly greater than the parts

I'd agree with that.

Even the albums that I like the least are still very good albums, they've never released an album that hasn't had at least some moments of genius.

Back
Top Bottom