End of the line?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maniac78

Babyface
Anyone else get the vibe that this was it for U2? At the end of the Vancouver show which was the last for this leg of the tour Bono made some speeches and it almost seemed like he was saying this is the last tour. MJ was hanging up the mic after his "this is it" tour was complete. Maybe U2 is thinking of going out with a bang but also without telling anyone? I just got the sense that they were beat by the end of the show and the end of this leg. It's understandable. I hope it isn't the last tour but I fear it may be.

I think you should read the threads in this section:

U2 360° Tour Central - 2009 / 2010

I realize you're new, but please take some time to read through the forums and threads as your questions most likely would have already been answered.

Um it's the same tour and a continuation of NOLH. I mean after the stage is sent to the junkyard is this the last tour? I think it might be. I know the 360 tour still has a couple years in it but once it's done my thinking is this may be it.

Um it's the same tour and a continuation of NOLH. I mean after the stage is sent to the junkyard is this the last tour? I think it might be. I know the 360 tour still has a couple years in it but once it's done my thinking is this may be it.

Which is why they singed an eleven-year-long contract with LiveNation last year and have definite starting points for two albums beyond Songs of Ascent?

Also, in all seriousness, welcome to Interference. :wave:

Every tour since the JT Tour has been the last according to U2 fans.

would be contrary to his "just getting started" speech that he loves to give before still haven't found every show.

I got an "end of this leg of the tour" vibe from the Vancouver show. I did not get anything resembling of "end of U2" vibe.

If this was their last tour they'd certainly hype it, those shows in OK and Texas and even Atlanta would have had much higher capacities.

In Hawaii for the last show of Vertigo, Bono was in tears...crying...he was overwhelmed with joy, relief??? Who knows?? And if you didn't know better you'd think that was the last show ever. Especially the speech Bono made thanking all of their families for being so gracious. Especially Edge's for dealing with such heavy duty concerns for his little girl. It was really moving...
If Bono didn't also speak about the future and how they were looking forward to it, I would have thought that was IT too.

unfortunately, it is true. U2 will break up in the next year. i was told by this guy:

negrodamus9081d8coc4.jpg

Honestly, I thought U2 were on their way out in 2006 with the release of U2 By U2, U218 (another compilation album), signing up with Mercury while ditching Island Records after 25+ years out of nowhere and so on and so forth. But today, I know that wasn't the case and I've experience two splendid shows that I'm ready declare as the best U2 shows I've attended!

I don't think they're quite ready to leave the music business as of now.
They seem happy with the Mercury and Live Nation deals as far as I can tell, which of course doesn't say much but still.

The 12yr LN deal means 2, 3 tours given U2's notoriously long between album/tour hiatuses and it may be that this leg and next year are viewed as separate 'tours' within that deal... so by Dec 2010 you have 2 down, [3, 4 years off] and 1 to go...

I think this is the last tour on this scale, hence so many double nighters in Europe next year and the return to LA, Chicago and Toronto and NJ... one last time in the stadiums, pack em in, then off; after that; another Elevation style approach?

I think for the remainder of their songwriting career they'll do Elevation style tours, and spend that time coming up with their final big bang to go out on that tops ZooTV, PopMart and 360.

The 12yr LN deal means 2, 3 tours given U2's notoriously long between album/tour hiatuses and it may be that this leg and next year are viewed as separate 'tours' within that deal... so by Dec 2010 you have 2 down, [3, 4 years off] and 1 to go...

I think this is the last tour on this scale, hence so many double nighters in Europe next year and the return to LA, Chicago and Toronto and NJ... one last time in the stadiums, pack em in, then off; after that; another Elevation style approach?

Uh, Europe's always gotten many double nights. If anything this tour has LESS nights for European dates. With Amsterdam being the most notable with only two dates for the first time since... uh.. Popmart. They had FOUR dates on Zooropa!

So that argument is pretty much void to me. :shrug: They're probably doing less dates to keep the market open?

I remember reading a post on a forum when PoP was released that stated that it would be the last U2 tour / album because the album's cover was reminiscent of the cover for Boy. The covers were interpreted as the band going full circle; from being boys to men. Anyway, we have seen how that prediction has spelled out. I think the only thing that was know for sure is that the band has more years behind them than in front of them.

U2 said theyde quite at around 55 many years ago. That isnt there yet but the contract itself is over rated. Contracts can always be broken especially by musicians and sports stars. I think U2 will be around another 5-6 years and thats it.

I would expect a longer break after SOA and 360 are done... :shrug:

Live Nation deal or not, Bono's voice or Larry's wrists may have a word or two to say about their future.

I don't like this thread. :sad:

I think they'll continue for at least another 10 years.

I would expect a longer break after SOA and 360 are done... :shrug:

Live Nation deal or not, Bono's voice or Larry's wrists may have a word or two to say about their future.

Really? I expect a Spiderman soundtrack album....

And then what about the songs they actually write while finishing these longstanding projects? I think we're entering an active period! :)
Also, mediocre sales on NLOTH are going to motivate their competitive nature; which had been too complacent after the Vertigo tour.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom