Elsie a female Village member?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
anyone know more about Elsie?

there is a photo of her sitting on a couch in u2By U2 just stating she was an 'unofficial' member of the Village.

Also on the back on the Another Day single Bono scribbled "....God bless Elsie and all the village"

and thirdly, i've read articles talking about Bono bringin up an 'older' woman named Elsie and dancing with her back at their Dandilion market gigs. I dont know what qualifies as 'oldr'. But the elsie in the u2BY u2 picture couldnt be more than a year older than Bono. Perhaps this isnt the same Elsie.

Elsie maguire

Elsie Maguire used to live with relatives in Mount Brown in Dublin 8.For years she told us about U2 and how she was their biggest fan.We all took it with a pinch of salt as she was a special person who had learning difficulties.As she got older it was necessary for her to go into a special care home.When we were sorting through her belongings we were all shocked to see pictures of her with a very early U2.I looked through the new U2 book and saw a photo of Elsie with U2 in a pub in the city.She really was a U2 roadie as she used to tell us.She is very happy now in the care home and visits her relatives regularly.

Back
Top Bottom