Elevation Tour European cities that never happened.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Found in my parents basement my old poster from the elevation tour, had a list of all the cities. On the Europe list, it said that Frankfurt, Imola Italy and Utrecht, Netherlands were supposed to get shows. I believe Utrecht was traded for Arnhem. Just something I noticed for the historians.

Separate from the alleged 2002 European/South America stadium tour that never happened.

No dates or venues, it was just a list of cities. The North American cities were all the same as what had actually happened, but the European cities had these 3 differences. I realize this isn't exactly earth shattering information, but it's of interest to people like me and Ax. The same kind of people who find it interesting that there was supposed to be shows in Singapore and Egypt during Popmart.

I'm pretty sure I bought the poster at either the Columbus or the Indianapolis Elevation shows that I attended. I haven't really even looked at it in 12+ years, since I moved out of my parents house and it's just been sitting in their basement.

https://www.google.com/search?q=u2+...KHThpD0sQ9QEwBHoECAIQDA#imgrc=8CspfxCMaaShfM:

This is the one. Seems that Imola got replaced by the Turin gig, and Utrecht was replaced by Arnhem. As for Frankfurt, all I can figure is they were going to put it on July 13th or 14th, but then they decided to add a 2nd show in Cologne instead and drop Frankfurt.

Yes, the show moved from Utrecht to Arnhem as it turned out the production would not fit in the Utrecht venue. I believe either the roof was too low or not strong enough to carry all the lights and screens. Though it then moved to a less intimate venue (a small football stadium) I was OK with that. As it meant I finally could get tickets since I missed out during the initial sale.

Back
Top Bottom