Edge's most soothing guitar solo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I Look At The World has some great guitar work.

Great song choice, that is such a.hidden gem, would be nicest hear live. :up:

Also someone else said Promenade another great example of some Edge work

Okay, this made me wonder whether there is any hard and fast definition of a guitar solo. I had always considered it as a place in a song that is kept for a guitar statement that is different from the guitarwork on the rest of the song.
Wikipedia defines it as 'In popular music, a guitar solo is a melodic passage, section, or entire piece of music written for an electric guitar or an acoustic guitar.' To me that is pretty inclusive of passages of many lengths, instead of say a minimum length or something. Dont know what you meant or if you were responding to my nomination of velvet dress. I think Velvet Dress definitely has a solo in the sense that there is a passage where the guitar takes over and all other instruments support its journey. Very soothing.

:up::up::up:

Hard to say as there are so few solo guitar parts. I love the simplicity of YBR.

Agree with TTTYAATW and Heartland. MOTD is pretty chilled and soothing.

How about Scarlet? Walk to the Water?

The shimmer guitar on the outro to AIWIY? (Might be rasping at straws here....)

Difficult to say as there are so few solos.

I agree with the Heartland and TTTYAATW suggestions.

How about Scarlet or Walk to the Water?

I have always felt that Edge's solo in "Silver and Gold" was excellent on Rattle and Hum. After Bono says "Ok Edge, play the blues", there is a raw energy that I find electric when turned up really loud.

Yes, I find it soothing.

I have always felt that Edge's solo in "Silver and Gold" was excellent on Rattle and Hum. After Bono says "Ok Edge, play the blues", there is a raw energy that I find electric when turned up really loud.

Yes, I find it soothing.

For 1987 U2 that was just about as big as a solo as Edge would / could play. Bullet and Exit would be the others. I suppose the term "soothing" is highly subjective.

Yes, I find it soothing.

I always find a jolt of adrenaline straight to the heart quite soothing.

Just heard it on the radio, it may not be really a soothing song, but Electrical Storm's solo, especially the extended one. :drool:

Is that the Daffy Duck guitar part? Daffy Duck is a soothing character.

I mean more the part that's actually the chorus riff in the Band mix version, that Edge also played live. It has the same melody as "You're in my mind, all of the time, I know that's not enough" etc.

Electrical Storm live has more soothing guitar sound or work than the studio recording, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom