Edge Joins Stand Up To Cancer Telethon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

juliaguliaxo94

War Child
Edge Joins Stand Up To Cancer Telethon

@U2, September 01, 2010
By: Matt McGee / @mattmcgee

Edge is listed as one of the musical performers for next week's Stand Up To Cancer telethon. The one-hour event is scheduled for September 10th at 8:00 pm ET/PT and will be aired on all major U.S. TV networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX) and many cable networks, too, in 195 countries.
We don't know if Edge's participation will actually be live; U2 have a day off on September 10 and are due to perform the following night in Zurich.
Edge has been a board member of the Angiogenesis Foundation, an organization dedicated to fighting cancer and other diseases, since 2007. In 2009, Edge revealed in an interview that his family had a "brush with cancer a couple of years ago." Though he didn't specifically say so, many have assumed he was referring to his daughter's illness that was discovered in late 2004.
Stand Up To Cancer says that one hundred percent of the donations at next week's fund raiser will go directly to cancer research.

Same here, I thought it was really disappointing. I thought maybe he would perform with one singer and play the guitar for them and we would see him for the whole song, but whatever. It was still Edge. :wink:

I don't know if something was wrong with my tv, or the channel, but everyone in that perform sounded like they were being autotuned or something. :scratch: They didn't sound right.

At first I thought Edge would perform with B.J. Armstrong, considering their collaboration a few years back. That would have been cool, but it wouldn't have been possible anyway.

I was thinking Edge would play guitar for some singer and throughout the whole song as well. At least we did get to see Edge with his "infinite" guitar.:hyper: I want one so bad!:drool: Stevie Wonder didn't sound all too great to me, same with Billie Joe Armstrong. Still it is a great cause.

BTW the infinite guitar is used specifically for With Or Without You for the intro part and during the verse.

Back
Top Bottom