Edge closing his eyes during the intro/outro of Streets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theu2fly

Refugee
As seen on Slane, he closes his eyes on the end of the song, but I just watched a Brussels multicam performance in 2010 and Edge closes his eyes playing the intro as well as the outro of the song, which makes me wonder why he does it?

I know we can get off topic with jokes, but kind of serious about this, it's fun to notice the small stuff and wonder.

My guess: it's a favorite of his, and he likes to shut out the world and get lost in the music.

Probably because he also loves the song and likes it even more when he's playing it to 50 000+ people.

If you were him, and you knew those guitar notes were having THAT effect on the 10's of thousands people standing around you, then you'd do the same. A moment to behold. Amen.

He and Larry have, on multiple occasions, said that it is their favorite song to play live.

Plus, when Edge was writing the song he was trying to make the "ultimate live U2 song".

My guess is that it's just one of his favorites and that playing that iconic intro live and to thousands of screaming fans just sends chills up his spine and he just likes to close his eyes and take it all in, feeding off the energy the crowd is sending his way.

Back
Top Bottom