Edge buying back 1st guitar?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
I seem to recall a story somewhere of Edge trying to buy back his 1st guitar. Maybe McCormick's book? not sure.

but does anyone know this story?

I think he means The Edge's actual first guitar, which was something he played with as a kid (the homemade guitar, most likely).

Oooh I think he's confusing things then. If you're speaking of McCormick's book, I think he means Adams first Ibanez bass. Neil bought that from him when he and his brother had a band(I think his brother was the bassist? don't really remember) and his brother had 'altered' it himself. Around JT era when U2 were huge Adam asked Neil if he could buy his bass back, he wanted to keep it around for old times sake. Neil tried to find it back but it was 'mutanized' so badly he couldn't sell it back to Adam.

At least that's what I remember...

what do you mean mutanized?

And yes, i think i was think of this Adam story rather than Edge. Unless anyone else out there has heard of Edge trying to buy back his first guitar

It was botched. Got the body changed to suit the alternative style of his brother. It looked nothing like the original Ibanez.

Back
Top Bottom