Edge and Dallas in the Studio!!!! The story of the guitar BBC...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Edge is on the program again this coming sunday. I think the clip shown at the end of last nights prog is different to the clip posted on here, but not 100% sure

I was just wondering...

There was a sort of 'set-list-paper' placed next to the pedals.

Could this mean they are already rehearsing for a new performance or something? Unfortunately, I could not read any line.

Did anyone else notice this?

It's a pretty exhaustive documentary of the guitar and knowing the BBC I bet Edge's bit was recorded some time ago.
Looks like there are more Edge bits in the 3rd part next Sunday (based on the preview). The ones on the BBC site appear to be 'extras'.

As an aside is anybody familiar with the gig at radio city hall where edge breaks his guitar??

That was a concert on 3 December, 1984 (according to the U2 Live book). Here's an excerpt of what's written of that gig:
Frustrated at his inability to control the crowd, one bouncer actually beats up a fan during I Will Follow. Larry sees this and angrily jumps up from behind his drum kit in mid-song. Edge throws off his guitar and rushes to the front of the stage. "Where the hell are we?!" Bono shouts, taking the crowd's side. "The last time we were here, this city just began for us. We won't have it spoiled now, or any mistreatment to our people. These are our people!" he yells to the security guards. "And if anybody spoils, it's our fault, we make the music... it's rock & roll, not cabaret!"
[...]
Taking positions to pick up I Will Follow again, Edge finds his guitar broken into two pieces on the floor. He gets a replacement and the show continues.

"Where the hell are we?!" Bono shouts, taking the crowd's side. "The last time we were here, this city just began for us. We won't have it spoiled now, or any mistreatment to our people. These are our people!" he yells to the security guards. "And if anybody spoils, it's our fault, we make the music... it's rock & roll, not cabaret!"

:love::applaud: Bono's awsome... I sure miss this Bono...

Edge is on the program again this coming sunday. I think the clip shown at the end of last nights prog is different to the clip posted on here, but not 100% sure

Did this happen? Is there a third clip out there anywhere?

Did this happen? Is there a third clip out there anywhere?

It's available for a week on the BBC's I player but I think you can only download it if you're in the UK so tough luck if you're not.

It was a great episode with Jimmy Page, David Gilmour, Pete Townsend, Johnny Marr & co all waxing lyrical. Edge mainly talked about the effects of using the echo with excerpts from Streets and Elevation. What tickled me though was there was one button he had which was labelled "sex drive". I'd love to know what that one sounds like :wink:

That's awsome, the edge really is the GUITAR GENIUS, i can't wait to see "might get loud" movie, 2 of my favorites guita heroes playing togheter, edge and page..that sounds great.

Back
Top Bottom