Early Grammys chatter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beck wont win either for AOTY, but virtually is a lock for Rock Album being nominated for it.

I think the best thing that could happen here is if SOI does NOT win the Rock Album Grammy.

The fact that it is nominated should at least get SOME people to start thinking about the actual content of the album, rather than just dwelling on its release method. Can't be all that bad if it is nominated, right?

But if they win...oh man......could you imagine the outrage from the general public. As if the Grammys weren't already in trouble...it would flush whatever remaining credibility it has down the toilet in most people's eyes (not the hardcore fans, mind you). I think it would do far more damage to U2 than good.

I'm actually most curious to see if there're will be a noticeable chorus of "boooooo!!!!"s when the album is announced as a nominee during the broadcast......

For the record, I think SOI is a great album.
I hope they win and stick it up the haters. Any outrage would just be sour grapes.

Why does Beck's nomination make him a lock? I've missed something.

If the Academy thinks highly enough of artist to nominate an album for both AOTY and a lesser category, it is extremely rare for it to not win the lesser category.

I have no idea why Morning Phase is being categorized as a rock album, but whatever.

Why does Beck's nomination make him a lock? I've missed something.

(They considered Beck's one of the best 5 albums of the year) + (SOI along with the other 3 nominees for Rock Album are not) = They consider Beck is better than the other 4 Rock Album nominees.

Back
Top Bottom