E+I Tour DVD and broadcast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dan_smee

ONE love, blood, life
Hi all,

I haven’t seen any info on here, so I thought I’d call it out.

Japan recently showed the second half (Elevation onwards) of the Berlin show prior to the DVD release. There are plans for broadcasts in other places, mainly around new year. U2songs have the info.

No sight of a torrent or YouTube clips, but u2start had some iPhone recordings of the screen for Acrobat on their Instagram stories. They have since disappeared.

https://www.u2songs.com/news/experience_of_innocence_filming_the_show

Nothing about Australia yet. Channel 9 did show I+E Paris on NYE 2015 and U2 at the BBC on NYE 2017, so wouldn't surprise me if they did so again.

This is a nice surprise, I was sort of expecting this one to get lost in the sands of time.

They’re late to the party as always. :wink:

Anyways, great news. I assume TJT 2017-2019 will come right after that.

so rather than release a full show in its 'natural' form, they once again pick it apart through editing and will deliver only a 75 minute version based on what was a ~120 minute show. Better than nothing, but wow their insistence on re-engineering their live performances is astounding.

so rather than release a full show in its 'natural' form, they once again pick it apart through editing and will deliver only a 75 minute version based on what was a ~120 minute show. Better than nothing, but wow their insistence on re-engineering their live performances is astounding.

This is consistent with previous dvds - a shortened version to air prior to the trill show being released.

This is consistent with previous dvds - a shortened version to air prior to the trill show being released.

Although having the short version be essentially “the second half of the show” is a new approach - and I like it, it avoids all the jarring cuts that are inevitable when you cut songs out of a show, while still giving us something to look forward to in the spring/whenever the whole show comes out.

I think it’s just to get people to buy the full dvd when it comes out . If people like the show on tv maybe that will convince them in buying the dvd for the full show . Makes sense to me , why give away the full version when they want people to buy it

"If you hear of other broadcasts in other territories, please add them in the comments below."

I also look forward to informing U2.com when Songs of Ascent has come out and when they've announced their next tour.

"If you hear of other broadcasts in other territories, please add them in the comments below."

I also look forward to informing U2.com when Songs of Ascent has come out and when they've announced their next tour.

Yeah that seemed pretty ridiculous to me also. "Have you seen this group? Call BandWatch UK."

I get the idea of the ‘teaser’ approach but given that no one buys DVDs anymore, why not go with a full show on HBO or Netflix or whatever platform in the major markets...

Will be interesting to see what they do with the live shows on their new satellite show in the US on SiriusXM...

Great find Smee! Watched a few songs, looks a bit dark but other than that I’m satisfied with how it turned out. Now I’m curious about the first set.

That Berlin crowd was bringing it, singing along to the new stuff as well. Acrobat killed and Love is Bigger is just such a great (almost) closer.

I love 13 on the album but it's a bit of an energy killer for a stadium show.

Also, I think I prefer Best Thing acoustic to the album version, particularly during the bridge, which thankfully here has none of those "let's make a 21st century hit!" bells and whistles that cripple the recorded track.

Yes it is. I’d say it’s possibly their greatest pro shot concert based on this preview.

Let's not go that far.

I get the idea of the ‘teaser’ approach but given that no one buys DVDs anymore, why not go with a full show on HBO or Netflix or whatever platform in the major markets...

Will be interesting to see what they do with the live shows on their new satellite show in the US on SiriusXM...

F**k the streaming ! There are a lot of fans that are collecting the band's work. Streaming services don't supply the great packaging/designs . Not even speaking of the great extras that come with the physical release. With streaming I doubt we' wouldn't get these things anymore.

The band should return to produce cd-singles again. Nowadays there are artists that release them again (depeche mode, rammstein). Their latest release 'Ahimsa' deserves a physical release to, in high def. sound quality and not that poor streaming quality.

I can't believe there are fans out there that would prefer streaming services.... sorry....

Given how many of their official releases tend to come from un-representative parts of the tours, it would be great for them to dig up, for instance...
...a US outdoor '92 ZooTV show
...a European PopMart show
...an indoor Vertigo show from later in the tour
...a 360 show from 2011
...pretty well any I&E show other than the rescheduled Paris show

Their latest release 'Ahimsa' deserves a physical release to, in high def. sound quality and not that poor streaming quality....

Ahimsa doesn’t deserve any special treatment mate :) I know it’s Xmas but that’s being way to kind to that song :)

Back
Top Bottom