E+I Tour DVD and broadcast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oooo, DD,S,WH,G, and A(!!!!!) all together !

Otho-
a few of us while we follow tech (ie i knew about the internet before it became the WWW), do not always have the money (that I once did) to get tech, or are way behind in getting at least some of it. :|

I hope they do release it a dvd, but I guess that may not happen. We'll see.

Last edited:
Maybe true. But Netflix seems to throw money at about anything. And they are the biggest live concert draw for the last 20 years, so would be hard to imagine that Netflix wouldn't be interested. Although, have no idea what sort of amount they would be asking...
And they could include all of the past tour videos as part of the deal... cause frankly the only place I can go to see many past shows right now is pulling YouTube clips.

:D
Well played

it's just dazz. As an SF fan in 1990 i heard about (whichever) ______ .rec.groups. Long strings of words and "dots" to get on the internet. Then the WWW emerged, and started to grow more in '92 onwards. I went to one of the first Internet Cafes (east village, nyc) in '95.

Please correct me if I’m wrong - no one outside of U2.com subscribers will get to own the show? Or subscribers simply won’t have to purchase it?

Last edited:
DVD, really? Why in the world not Blu-ray?

Yeah, it’s kind of a joke but perhaps there will be a digital version also available to subscribers? If not, then the continuation of horrible U2 decisions continues.

I’ve started to not be as into them since SOE came out (it was disappointing overall , save for a few gems). The promo performances were a joke and the live show in the US was a huge disappointment, especially for the price of those tickets (they have lost some/a lot of their magic IMO).

I see very little benefit to being a subscriber when the biggest benefits are DVDs of new shows or records of old performances and first pick at $400 per tickets.

Yeah, it’s kind of a joke but perhaps there will be a digital version also available to subscribers? If not, then the continuation of horrible U2 decisions continues.

I’ve started to not be as into them since SOE came out (it was disappointing overall , save for a few gems). The promo performances were a joke and the live show in the US was a huge disappointment, especially for the price of those tickets (they have lost some/a lot of their magic IMO).

I see very little benefit to being a subscriber when the biggest benefits are DVDs of new shows or records of old performances and first pick at $400 per tickets.

Agreed, I have lost quite a bit of interest, but was still curious about getting an HD version of the show. But a low quality DVD bundled with a 50 bucks subscription, thanks but no thanks. If they release an HD version I might bite, otherwise, for now, an audio rip will suffice once it becomes available.

They're always so near and yet so far. This is kind of a great idea, but in DVD? Why not at least give subscribers the choice of DVD or Blu-Ray?

Presumably it will end up getting sold on physical or digital platforms and then people will buy it again (or not).

Back
Top Bottom