DVD Releases?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgesBiggestFan

The Fly
Hi! Does anyone know when the 360 Degree Tour DVD (from the Rose Bowl) is scheduled for release on DVD? Also, does anyone know if the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame concerts will be released on DVD (the whole thing or the edited version which will air this weekend).

I see where It Might Get Loud is out on DVD on December 22nd (I've already pre-ordered it)

Hopefully the u2 dvd will be before Christmas. I cant imagine editing all that will take months and months.

I doubt that the Rose Bowl show will be out before Christmas since we haven't heard anything about it yet. Maybe they'll release it when they're getting ready to go on tour again to remind everyone of how awesome they are.

Since it was only filmed about a month ago, there's no way it would be out until early next year. They have to have time for editing, audio mixing, color correction, mastering, packaging design, promotion planning, etc. Let's consider ZOO TV Sydney, since it was basically the same concept: a live broadcast that would also go to home video. The show was filmed and broadcast on Nov. 27, 1993 but the home video wasn't released until May of 1994.

I think so too. After watching the live stream I thought that there was no way Bono would let it get released on DVD once he watched it. He seemed a bit out of it during the show with some of the things he said.

Can you give the 'cliff notes' version of what he said?

Would it be fair to say that U2's big promotional release for this year is the Unforgettable Fire remaster, and that the Rose Bowl DVD was never intended to be released for this Christmas? If U2 had wanted to release a 360 tour dvd in 2009, then they would've filmed in Europe or, at a push, a very early US show.

I doubt they'll release a DVD of the tour until the tour is finished, it will probably be for next Christmas or maybe next autumn.

I doubt they'll release a DVD of the tour until the tour is finished, it will probably be for next Christmas or maybe next autumn.

I very doubt that. The rose bowl will be released over Christmas/new year, and then maybe another dvd for next year will be released, thats if there is a leg overseas to Japan/Australia ect as i very doubt another dvd will be released from the 3rd leg.

I very doubt that. The rose bowl will be released over Christmas/new year, and then maybe another dvd for next year will be released, thats if there is a leg overseas to Japan/Australia ect as i very doubt another dvd will be released from the 3rd leg.

I very much doubt that, Christmas is four weeks away, the promtional wheels would take longer than that to get in to gear. Hopefully they'll be releasing SOA between legs so that will be enough for them to promote.

Since it was only filmed about a month ago, there's no way it would be out until early next year. They have to have time for editing, audio mixing, color correction, mastering, packaging design, promotion planning, etc. Let's consider ZOO TV Sydney, since it was basically the same concept: a live broadcast that would also go to home video. The show was filmed and broadcast on Nov. 27, 1993 but the home video wasn't released until May of 1994.

Technology is different, they could easily have turned something around for a Christmas release. It's not like U2 to miss a Christmas release especially for DVDs and especially in industry climate.

It seems odd to me that they would film this show only to wait till next Christmas to release it, that doesn't make a lot of sense. I think they got a big spike from the Youtube thing, and we'll probably get another show filmed on the next leg to release for DVD, that's my gut feeling.

Technology is different, they could easily have turned something around for a Christmas release. It's not like U2 to miss a Christmas release especially for DVDs and especially in industry climate.

It seems odd to me that they would film this show only to wait till next Christmas to release it, that doesn't make a lot of sense. I think they got a big spike from the Youtube thing, and we'll probably get another show filmed on the next leg to release for DVD, that's my gut feeling.

I think this is right.

Back
Top Bottom