Dublin: U2 pilgrimage time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Regina

The Fly
I'll be going to Dublin with a friend for a few days next week, and would like to try and see a U2 "site" or three while I'm there. Can't exactly spend a day on Hanover Quay hanging around to try and meet the band, but does anyone have some suggestions for U2-related places that could be cool to swing by?

Check out Windmill Lane and HQ just for the craic. The Clarence hotel is great or check out the gates to Mount Temple. If you're looking for various U2 stuff, head to Rhythm Records. It's right on the Liffey, not far down from the entrance to Temple Bar.

Hope you have a great time :)

When I was at the Clarence at the end of May/early June, it appeared that re-modeling had started - also The Tearoom was closed, but Octogon Bar was open.

Get the book "U2 Under a Blue Dublin Sky" by Karin & Marcel Wagenaar. It's got TONS of info about U2 places to see and visit.

I enjoyed the quick tour of Phoenix Park we took, walking around Grafton St. and Temple Bar, along the Liffey on both sides and Trinity (the Book of Kells can be seen there if you are interested in that).

Thanks, all, for the advice! My friend's cousin (with whom we were staying) got one whiff of my U2 fangirlishness and promptly made sure we got around to see Windmill Lane, Mount Temple, and the Clarence. (I got teased the whole time too, but it was worth it!)

Guide to U2's Dublin on Google Maps

I went at end of May...Highlights for me were:
Windmill Lane
Kilmainham Gaol (Jail)
Slane Castle

2505267622_cced862663.jpg

2504413517_d61d1773a3.jpg

2504467321_01a2a94dd1.jpg

Have fun!

I'll be going to Dublin with a friend for a few days next week, and would like to try and see a U2 "site" or three while I'm there. Can't exactly spend a day on Hanover Quay hanging around to try and meet the band, but does anyone have some suggestions for U2-related places that could be cool to swing by?

Pilgrimage??? Are you going there to worship at the altar of Bono or something?

:coocoo:

Thanks, all, for the advice! My friend's cousin (with whom we were staying) got one whiff of my U2 fangirlishness and promptly made sure we got around to see Windmill Lane, Mount Temple, and the Clarence. (I got teased the whole time too, but it was worth it!)

:applaud: You are so lucky! Good times!

I need to get back to Dublin... I loved that city for the less-than-24-hours I was there...

Back
Top Bottom