Dont read if easily offended

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would bet my life on it that most members of U2 or any band for that matter have tried drugs - heavy drugs. But it doesn't affect the way i view them at all. My love for Bono stems from the fact that he is an amazing artist/singer/songwriter. If he wants to snort some Charlie - whatever, just keep on producing that great music. :cute:

Even if he was some sort of drug user he would never do it infront of strangers. :lol:

es7t4o.gif

:laugh:

Let's get the facts straight, people.

If it's any kind of crack, it's BLUE CRACK. :lmao:

It's probably the first thing he does in the morning, like normal everyday people who do coffee and WSJ.

He checks the blue screen to get updates on fandom status for strictly business. :wink:

Seriously, I don't know how the band would react to a third-party website of 40,000+ subscribers dedicated to them. It must be addictively unhealthy, like CRACK!

i heard somewhere (dont remember where) but apparently the whole band were fucking around with weed whilst recording POP, thanks in no small part to howie B.

So let's add everything up shall we?

1>. Bono LIED about how many songs on new album- little bast:censored:rd
2>. Larry has stated that he possibly wants to RETIRE after this Tour - the no-good no talent ass-ho:censored:le
3>. The Edge single handedly is destroying the planet whilst putting up some home on his own property. stupid Jick
4>. Bono has now done mega lines of coke at some undisclosed locale with undisclosed people that i just read about on the Internet which of course has to be 100% true then.

You know I really can't stand any of them anymore.

:wink:

I do volunteer work at a hospital and have seen plenty of drug addicts. Bono is not one of them. Bono looks too healthy and he is of proper weight for a man his age. You can usually spot Crack/cocaine addicts by their gaunt appearance and unhealthy coloring of the skin. Plus, those who use cocaine for long periods of time. Can suffer from impaired brain function, such as memory, reasoning and speech problems, they didn't have prior to the drug abuse.

I do volunteer work at a hospital and have seen plenty of drug addicts. Bono is not one of them. Bono looks too healthy and he is of proper weight for a man his age. You can usually spot Crack/cocaine addicts by their gaunt appearance and unhealthy coloring of the skin. Plus, those who use cocaine for long periods of time. Can suffer from impaired brain function, such as memory, reasoning and speech problems, they didn't have prior to the drug abuse.

Who said anything about being an addict?

I seem to remember something about cocaine from the Bono in Conversation book, or maybe another literary source regarding the other members of U2 and drug use, specifically cocaine. (Read, not abuse!)
There's a quote from Edge himself about eating some shrooms, falling asleep, waking up and recording what he called "the answer to the universe" only do discover that he had been speaking in the wrong end of the tape recorder.

I really don't see what's wrong with giving drugs a try if you're curious and do not have an addictive personality. It's quite obvious that the only one in the band who has that is Adam.
I'm fairly certain that the majority of bands out there have a cocaine habit to keep themselves running on tours and the like. They don't have to spiral out of control.

Anyway, I doubt any of them are into hard drugs now, having already past their youth. I wouldn't doubt for a second that they partake in a little mary jane now and then, but that's nowhere near cocaine.

I'll reserve my comments on the "cheating" bit. :shifty:

Guys, even respectable people who do coke who associate with other respectable people who do coke don't necessarily do it in front of each other. And they sure as hell don't invite strangers to watch them do it. Most people are more discreet. Can you imagine just how much more discreet a celebrity of Bono's profile would be IF he were to indulge once in a while??!

And noone does lines of coke as thick as my thumb and as long as my arm, cmon now! :rolleyes:

Hasn't this rumor been going on for about 20 years now? If he did do cocaine, it would be evident by now, right? I mean, I don't know, just a guess....

I'll just add that I think U2's PR machine are exceptionally great at keeping the boys saintly image nice and shiny. They do a really great job.

I agree with tis post.

I reckon this would have been in 1998, just after PopMart. That's when he first started to get seriously involved in his Afica compaign. I reckon he cleaned up after a little Hutchance death, who was his best friend.

I agree with tis post.

I reckon this would have been in 1998, just after PopMart. That's when he first started to get seriously involved in his Afica compaign. I reckon he cleaned up after a little Hutchance death, who was his best friend.

I don't think it is fair to speculate like that.....we all associate with different types of people but we should not all be put in the same box with them. We do not all share the same behaviors as our friends or peers. U2 might not necessarily share the same behaviors as other rock stars. They have been going on 30 plus years...it would have to be one heck of a PR machine to keep it under wraps for that long. Plus, I don't take the guys to be liars. Why would they out Adam and let him carry the weight of being the only one who has "rock and roll" tendencies?

They didn't 'out' Adam. His abuse was in the public eye and he missed a show. They read him the riot act. End of story.

I am sorry, my mistake in the way it is typed. I know THEY didn't out him, but he still seems to be the only one that everybody knows about. I think if all the band was partaking, they would step up and say, "look, we all did some things, and it's just the way it was in those days" or something like that so Adam wouldn't be looked at as the only one who partied or whatever. That's what I am saying.

Guys, even respectable people who do coke who associate with other respectable people who do coke don't necessarily do it in front of each other. And they sure as hell don't invite strangers to watch them do it. Most people are more discreet. Can you imagine just how much more discreet a celebrity of Bono's profile would be IF he were to indulge once in a while??!

And noone does lines of coke as thick as my thumb and as long as my arm, cmon now! :rolleyes:

Yes, I agree....it doesn't add up.

Guys, even respectable people who do coke who associate with other respectable people who do coke don't necessarily do it in front of each other.
I'm not saying it's impossible
but, generally speaking, if Bono does something we get to hear and/or see it
chances that he's able to keep something 'a secret are not likely

chances he can keep something a secret for over a decade?
well, nothing's impossible but it seems near impossible

Adam's abuse problems are no secret
the shrooms story is well known
if there had been more going on than dabbling with soft drugs etc I think we'd have heard about it by now

:shrug:

I reckon Bono has a very rich private life that we don't get to hear about. It should remain that way.

But the thing that spings to me when I read these stories is that there's no smoke without fire. I've never been to Dublin or the Clearence but there could be a private area in the bar for VIP's.

I'm not offended, don't get me wrong, but I'm very, very shocked so many people think that because someone is famous they can speculate with his private life and say whatever they want without any proof, I used to think we were above all that.

But the thing that spings to me when I read these stories is that there's no smoke without fire.

Um, actually yes in the day of the internet there is often smoke without fire, there are whole websites devoted to it... Should I be allowed to speculate on your life without any reason?

To be honest, I could care less. I don't agree with those that thinks he's an automatic saint and I don't agree with those that thinks he has some secret problem. You have no reason to think either way, so just stop... If I started speculating about some of you, oh the stories :lol:

at the end of the day there is no proof though, I think that is what "disturbs" me the most.

I can write on some random message board (wtf is that board for btw?? :huh: ) about how I met Larry at a Neo-Nazi Eskimo rally and afterward we went to my house and smoked 2 pounds of crack with two dozen Tai hookers, a midget and the entire cast of Saved By The Bell.... Doesn't make it true... or false for that matter :shifty:

but, generally speaking, if Bono does something we get to hear and/or see it
chances that he's able to keep something 'a secret are not likely

chances he can keep something a secret for over a decade?

Whats the big secret? Has anyone ever out and out asked him "Bono, have you ever snorted arms length lines of coke?"?? No, but there have been discussions around substance abuse and he's been candid. So I don't think he's running around with some secret addiction.

I find the notion that 'if Bono/does something we get to hear and/or see it' quite preposterous, really. Millions of people use drugs and their closest friends and family members never know. Many others use them and lead otherwise successful lives and aren't gaunt emaciated pale crusties. That stereotype is so tired and silly.

Bono does have some privacy you know. Why can't people just accept privacy for what it is? None of us know one way or the other and it really DOES NOT MATTER.

Back
Top Bottom