Does the band visit this forum?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maniac78

Babyface
At the show in Vancouver on October 28th Fegie from the BEP said that it's hard to tour and that everyone's been talking crap about her on the internet. Then there's the set list for the tour. Bringing back Bad, Ultraviolet and Unforgetable Fire were at the top of many people on this forum. Judging by people's reaction on this forum to these aditions it was greatly appreciated. Do you think the band reads this forum then? If not then what was Fergie talking about? Anyone else there at the Vancouver show and remember that?

yes. The Edge used to post here back in 2005. unfortunately, he was banned.

At the show in Vancouver on October 28th Fegie from the BEP said that it's hard to tour and that everyone's been talking crap about her on the internet.

Most of the people here were pleasantly surprised and enjoyed the BEP as an opener. The internet is pretty big, I'm sure there are many other websites where she may have gotten crap talked about her.

You might like to read this thread

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...bc-place-stadium-vancouver-canada-202936.html

Definitely seems like the band, or some of the folks at Principle Management, lurk here at least once in a while. I think every big band keeps tabs on their online fanbase these days. Ultraviolet's and Unforgettable Fire's returns may have been coincidence, but who knows? Edge seems pretty web savvy, and Bono writes lyrics about Mac commands (force quit! move to trash!) and U2 has more fansites than any other band. It only makes sense that they check out what's going on here. Though I'm sure they joke about how nerdy our threads are ("what's the 4th best song on October?" etc. lol)

Can you imagine how hard they would laugh if they read parts of this forum? :lol:

what intrigues me the most is how the members of this forum that constantly bash U2 over and over would act if they actually met a band member. they'd probably act like a little groupie.

Definitely seems like the band, or some of the folks at Principle Management, lurk here at least once in a while. I think every big band keeps tabs on their online fanbase these days. Ultraviolet's and Unforgettable Fire's returns may have been coincidence, but who knows? Edge seems pretty web savvy, and Bono writes lyrics about Mac commands (force quit! move to trash!) and U2 has more fansites than any other band. It only makes sense that they check out what's going on here. Though I'm sure they joke about how nerdy our threads are ("what's the 4th best song on October?" etc. lol)

I have a feeling Ultraviolet and TUF were resurrected because there was a news article on U2.com back in May or so essentially asking for requests to be posted in the comments... and surprise, surprise, TUF and Ultraviolet were extremely common requests. See: U2.com > News > It's Less Than A Month

There's also the fact that those a generally very highly-regarded songs that fit beautifully into the show.

That being said, I'm almost sure they or their associates lurk here, at least occasionally. Sicy said that Rocko, U2's stage manager, has an account and lurks around, for instance.

Yes, especially to those featuring the short, bug-eyed fella who looks like a plumber on his summer holidays. He's been doing it for years. He's no part-time narcissist.

The internet is pretty big,

welcome.jpg

ETA: FERGIE IF THATZ REALY U MY NUMBAR IZ 647-4U2-PLAY OK CALL ME HUN!!111!!11

Yes, and if you ask really nicely, and you've gotta be sincere about it, they will play Where the Streets Have No Name, Sunday Bloody Sunday, One and Beautiful Day for you on the next legs of the tour.

To any and all members of the band who are lurking here: ACROBAT LIVE PLZ KTHXBAI.

...This is a great thread. :lol:

No, but it is monitored by a supercomputer wearing an Aung San Suu Kyi mask: The Haul Mc9000. :shh:

With Fergie she could be reading this stuff in many different places on the internet. A U2 forum would be pretty far down the list of possibilities from Myspace, Facebook, Twitter and so on.

I'm just repeating what Fergie said in Vancouver. She complained of how hard the tour was especially with all the U2 fans talking shit about her on the internet. Her words not mine.

Yes, and if you ask really nicely, and you've gotta be sincere about it, they will play Where the Streets Have No Name, Sunday Bloody Sunday, One and Beautiful Day for you on the next legs of the tour.

Don't jinx it!

Back
Top Bottom